Rankings my top32 WRs with commentary(long) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rankings my top32 WRs with commentary(long)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rankings my top32 WRs with commentary(long)

Postby lebron23 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:49 am

Good to see Colston getting some respect. Bowe needs to be higher in my opinion.
lebron23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby theimitator » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:59 am

Great job. ;-D

I'm a little higher on R White, though. He put up 83/1200/6 last year with Joey at QB and no running threat. This year, with Ryan and Turner, respectively, I feel he'll at the very least duplicate those numbers, if not improve on them in this, his 4th year. I'm targeting him as a solid WR2.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby themanbeast9 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:27 am

Great post. I can't argue anything with that list. I do agree that Anthony Gonzalez is a big risk this year, but if he pays off, he will pay off in BIG ways.
themanbeast9
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Polar Bear » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:37 am

Like the list...

Don't like where you have Reggie Wayne though.

Also agree on Burleson.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 am

Amazing job, Kensat. Nice to see soemone break away from convention. Your rankings are pretty current with Cotchery and Burleson getting the love they deserve.
I don't know about the Gonzalez pick since you think Marvin will be back, seems like 'lil Gonzo is a bit of a hedge.
Also not a fan of Evans.
I would also think that AJ should be in tier three-he is the epitome of risky-high reward pick. He has missed significant time to injury the last two years. I love his talent, but have real concerns over his ability to stay healthy. I look at him as a WR version of a RB who runs upright. He just doesn't seem to protect himself.
I don't know that I could put Evans on the list. His talent is far superior than his production, but I don't see the O in Buff getting better. Especially the deep passing game. Would much rather go with Santana Moss. He fits his O scheme and his QB talents better IMO, and has more than enough talent to have another breakout season.
Not loving Roddy White so much. Just don't trust any QB situation that doesn't automatically rule out Joey Harrington as its QB. Could be too many low end games to merit him being that high.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:49 pm

moochman wrote:Amazing job, Kensat. Nice to see soemone break away from convention. Your rankings are pretty current with Cotchery and Burleson getting the love they deserve.
I don't know about the Gonzalez pick since you think Marvin will be back, seems like 'lil Gonzo is a bit of a hedge.
Also not a fan of Evans.
I would also think that AJ should be in tier three-he is the epitome of risky-high reward pick. He has missed significant time to injury the last two years. I love his talent, but have real concerns over his ability to stay healthy. I look at him as a WR version of a RB who runs upright. He just doesn't seem to protect himself.
I don't know that I could put Evans on the list. His talent is far superior than his production, but I don't see the O in Buff getting better. Especially the deep passing game. Would much rather go with Santana Moss. He fits his O scheme and his QB talents better IMO, and has more than enough talent to have another breakout season.
Not loving Roddy White so much. Just don't trust any QB situation that doesn't automatically rule out Joey Harrington as its QB. Could be too many low end games to merit him being that high.

I have Gonzales high because I do view him as a valuable hedge for Harrison. And also because I don't really like very many WRs all that much outside of the top30. I plan to have at least 2 WRs through 4 rounds in virtually all of my redrafts this year, I see the value in the 3rd and 4th round as too good to pass up. Then by the time we're in the 7th-10th rounds, I can afford to take a gamble on a guy like Gonzales as a WR3/WR4, especially if I got Harrison as a WR3 in the 5th.

Outside of the injury last year, I don't remember Andre missing significant time. But you are kind of echoing my feelings on him myself. I honestly don't know what I would do if Andre was there in the third and I was stuck with a choice of him, TJ, or even Calvin Johnson and I didn't think any of them would get back to me in the 4th or I wasn't able to pick a WR in the 4th. Tough decision.

I look at Santana Moss as a Lee Evans-lite. Just look at his stats the past couple of years and during his time in Washington in general. Outside of that one year where he blew up Dallas for like 300 yards and 3 Tds, won them the game in the 4th quarter, and was a top5 fantasy guy, he has been far from spectacular.

I'm seeing 1 year out of 4 where I want to own Santana Moss AT ALL in Washington. 2 years out of 7 that I want to own him AT ALL for the career. At least Lee Evans had a good year and blew up during the 2nd half of his rookie year. That is 1.5 out of 4, and his situation looks improved this year. I don't necessarily believe in him myself, but the upside is higher to me in Evans than gambling on Javon Walker or gambling on Ted Ginn.
---
I liked what I saw out of Redman, and Ryan has impressed me as well. I think Atlanta will have some growing pains, but White is talented enough to do some things on his own. He does look a little overrated in general, but I think he will win at least a couple games for his owners as a WR2. I would love to have him as a WR3.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
moochman wrote:Amazing job, Kensat. Nice to see soemone break away from convention. Your rankings are pretty current with Cotchery and Burleson getting the love they deserve.
Also not a fan of Evans.

I have Gonzales high because I do view him as a valuable hedge for Harrison. And also because I don't really like very many WRs all that much outside of the top30. I plan to have at least 2 WRs through 4 rounds in virtually all of my redrafts this year, I see the value in the 3rd and 4th round as too good to pass up. Then by the time we're in the 7th-10th rounds, I can afford to take a gamble on a guy like Gonzales as a WR3/WR4, especially if I got Harrison as a WR3 in the 5th.

Outside of the injury last year, I don't remember Andre missing significant time. But you are kind of echoing my feelings on him myself. I honestly don't know what I would do if Andre was there in the third and I was stuck with a choice of him, TJ, or even Calvin Johnson and I didn't think any of them would get back to me in the 4th or I wasn't able to pick a WR in the 4th. Tough decision.

I look at Santana Moss as a Lee Evans-lite. Just look at his stats the past couple of years and during his time in Washington in general. Outside of that one year where he blew up Dallas for like 300 yards and 3 Tds, won them the game in the 4th quarter, and was a top5 fantasy guy, he has been far from spectacular.

I'm seeing 1 year out of 4 where I want to own Santana Moss AT ALL in Washington. 2 years out of 7 that I want to own him AT ALL for the career. At least Lee Evans had a good year and blew up during the 2nd half of his rookie year. That is 1.5 out of 4, and his situation looks improved this year. I don't necessarily believe in him myself, but the upside is higher to me in Evans than gambling on Javon Walker or gambling on Ted Ginn.
---
I liked what I saw out of Redman, and Ryan has impressed me as well. I think Atlanta will have some growing pains, but White is talented enough to do some things on his own. He does look a little overrated in general, but I think he will win at least a couple games for his owners as a WR2. I would love to have him as a WR3.

Can't argue your thoughts on Gonzales. And AJ had injuries that limited him in '05 and last season. The years I've had him, so it sticks out more.
S Moss seems like he has been caught up in team disruptions for the last few years, but I think Campbell is going to start settling into the QB role and the O should start to improve dramatically. Moss, I feel, will be a big beneficiary. Conversely, I feel the Bills are a one trick pony and Jauron hasn't shown the ability to keep a team moving forward. Not unlikely for a let down season for the Bills. Evans seems much more one dimensional to me than Moss, and his QB and coach not exactly deep route friendly.
The growing pains in ATL are why I can't endorse White. Not only does the QB have to stabilize, but White himself must gain more consistancy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby sublimeandy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
XHendrix wrote:Very nice. I like almost everything, the only criticism I have is Marshall falling all the way down while Smith barely dropped. They are both suspended for the first 2 games and they both have top five potential and you drop smith around 2 spots and Marshall around 10 spots.

Big difference between 1300/7 and 1600/12.

I really don't like that Marshall had only 7 TDs despite catching 100 passes and being the only legit WR they had on the roster last year.
Plus with Marshall you miss 3 games instead of 2.

marshall is missing 2 games, it was 3 of he didn't enter a program. he is already in a program. 2 game suspension.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Both Marshall and Smith have blow up potential. It's a pick 'em between the 2 for me. I suppose if you are concerned about Delhomme's arm then that's the clincher in favor of Marshall. Marshall scored 5 times in his last 7 games and had three 100 yard performances in the last 4. The guy was a solid performer nearly every game last year. He never really hung you out to dry with a 2 or a 3. I think he scored less than 7 points one time.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby lebron23 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm

theimitator wrote:Great job. ;-D

I'm a little higher on R White, though. He put up 83/1200/6 last year with Joey at QB and no running threat. This year, with Ryan and Turner, respectively, I feel he'll at the very least duplicate those numbers, if not improve on them in this, his 4th year. I'm targeting him as a solid WR2.

The problem with that train of thought is that technically it's the same team. Dunn/Norwood probably isn't that much worse than Turner/Norwood. We have never seen Turner as a starter and Matt Ryan has never started a regular season game, so you can't definitively say they improved in the off-season.

Regardless, I doubt Roddy White can improve on his numbers from last season.
lebron23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk