What is going on in Seattle? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is going on in Seattle?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What is going on in Seattle?

Postby biju » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:35 pm

treat24 wrote:4 ... and pat williams is a pretty big one to be missing... The defensive line only had Kevin Williams starting the game as a starter from last year. Jared Allen will be starting this year though. I even put in my post 2 lineman and 2 dbacks... :-?

Meh, get used to making those excuses, it's going to be a long season for a team with too high of expectations. :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:38 pm

biju wrote:
treat24 wrote:4 ... and pat williams is a pretty big one to be missing... The defensive line only had Kevin Williams starting the game as a starter from last year. Jared Allen will be starting this year though. I even put in my post 2 lineman and 2 dbacks... :-?

Meh, get used to making those excuses, it's going to be a long season for a team with too high of expectations. :-D

hehe, i care little about preseason... I was impressed with Allen, Hass, MoMo, TJack, and Hicks in that game. I liked Engrams couple grabs, but alas that matters little to me now. :-)

The Vikes are gonna have a rough time at the start of the season. but we should take 4 or more games in our division... which will help. :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby dgan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:45 pm

justinj312 wrote:It all seems a bit slippery. I have questions at every position, i.e.:

With Engram going down, is Burleson the #1, or just a bust waiting to happen? Are Ben Obomanu or Courtney Taylor ready to contribute? Is it gonna be a split between jjones and mmorris?

It all seems like a mess.

Yes.

justinj312 wrote:What is a good strategy with these Seahawks?

No.

I'm not touching anyone but Hass (beck, not hoff) - I'll take JJ if I can get him cheap because I've seen MoMo do absolutely nothing the past couple years when stepping in for SA. IMO, anything has got to be an upgrade from MoMo. But since everyone, including most experts, disagree with me I've finally slid JJ down my board and will take him at a discount if I can.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:03 pm

I can tell Seattle fans and fantasy fans this with confidence: expect JJ to be nothing more then an average back while he is splitting carries with Morris...He will catch hell for it too, but he just doesn't operate well in a RBBC and needs more then 12-15 carries to make an impact, he's not good at making the most out of a few carries, I expect Morris to be the more productive fantasy for as long as they are splitting carries.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby TommyZND » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:15 pm

I want to start this off by saying maybe this is just be being partial to my Notre Dame alumi, but i don't see why Seattle would split the carries with MoMo and JJ 50/50. I would hope they went at least 75/25 in JJ favor. JJ is getting paid more, he has a ton of more upside, and MoMo had his chance last year, and didnt have one 100 yard game.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:45 pm

TommyZND wrote:I want to start this off by saying maybe this is just be being partial to my Notre Dame alumi, but i don't see why Seattle would split the carries with MoMo and JJ 50/50. I would hope they went at least 75/25 in JJ favor. JJ is getting paid more, he has a ton of more upside, and MoMo had his chance last year, and didnt have one 100 yard game.

He only had over 20 carries once. His YPC was a decent 4.5. He had a couple 100 total yard games. He did score 5 TDs. SA did play in 13 games last year. It's not like he was out, he was just terrible.

About as terrible as JJ was with Dallas. Both averaged 3.5 YPC. JJ didn't break 70 yards and only had 2 TDs.

Really it is a roll of the dice. I would rather bet a 15th rounder and have it come up with a medium #2 RB (esp PPR) than bet a 6th rounder and have it come up a high #2 RB.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby theimitator » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 am

biju wrote:For the WRs, I keep seeing Burleson go later than he should. I think he can be a good value as a WR3 this year.

I think the cat is out of the bag on Nate. I've seen him go as an early WR3 in many mocks I've done. I always expect to swoop in and pick him, but someone always does a few spots before me.

biju wrote:If Hasselbeck isn't on the same page as these guys, he's going to throw to the TE or in the flat to the RB, which I foresee a lot of unless someone really steps up. Of course, that ups the value of the RBs in PPR leagues.

Good point about the RBs in a PPR. But having said that, to echo your point about the WRs, I'm dropping Hass a few spots in my rankings. I think he'll struggle (relatively speaking) the first portion of the season until he gets Branch and Engram back.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TommyZND » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:30 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
He only had over 20 carries once. His YPC was a decent 4.5. He had a couple 100 total yard games. He did score 5 TDs. SA did play in 13 games last year. It's not like he was out, he was just terrible.

About as terrible as JJ was with Dallas. Both averaged 3.5 YPC. JJ didn't break 70 yards and only had 2 TDs.

Really it is a roll of the dice. I would rather bet a 15th rounder and have it come up with a medium #2 RB (esp PPR) than bet a 6th rounder and have it come up a high #2 RB.

If your going to talk about carries, the most JJ ever got was 16 last year. And he wasnt competing with Shaun Alexander (who played with a broken foot, and isn't on an NFL team) and he wasn't competing with Leonard "i should have been a" Weaver. He was competing with Marion Barber. Ever hear of him? 12 total TD's and 6.4 average. Julius Jones isn't the best RB in the league but he is sure as shoot better then maurice morris, give him by the end of the season to prove it.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:15 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
TommyZND wrote:I want to start this off by saying maybe this is just be being partial to my Notre Dame alumi, but i don't see why Seattle would split the carries with MoMo and JJ 50/50. I would hope they went at least 75/25 in JJ favor. JJ is getting paid more, he has a ton of more upside, and MoMo had his chance last year, and didnt have one 100 yard game.

I don't recall JJ running for 20 carries or more at all last year, and the proof is in the puddin of how terrible he was, funny thing was he blamed the 2006 season on Parcells and said he made him run like a robot and he couldn't run his style, then Parcells leaves and he is worse in 07...In 2006 he ran for 20+ carries 7 times and he put up around 100 yds each time, go back a year before and they look even better with 20+ carries...But I totally agree with the last part, why not take Morris in the 15th rd versus JJ in the 6th or 7th, I can't believe he's even being drafted that high.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby TommyZND » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:41 pm

How is JJ terrible when he was stealing carries from one of the best runningbacks in the NFL? Wade Phillips has one of the best offensive minds in the league, i don't think he would give JJ 7-12 carries a game if he was terrible.

(i'm just going to come out right now and say i have a complete mancrush on JJ)
Last edited by TommyZND on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk