What is going on in Seattle? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is going on in Seattle?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What is going on in Seattle?

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:05 pm

I'll say one more thing about Seattle fantasy players.

I wouldn't touch Matt Hasselbeck with a 10-foot pole at his ADP.

That could EASILY be this years major bust at QB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Friday, August 22, 2008 - Page updated at 01:31 AM
Seahawks wide receiver Courtney Taylor could catch starting job
Wide receiver Courtney Taylor has not caught a pass in either of the first two exhibition games. Expect that to change as coach Mike Holmgren said he'll make sure Taylor and Ben Obomanu see some opportunities over the final week of the exhibition season.
By Danny O'Neil
Seattle Times staff reporter

RENTON — The opportunity to start at flanker is at Courtney Taylor's fingertips.

He just hasn't had a chance to catch it. At least not yet.

That has more to do with the number of passes thrown his way in the Seahawks' first two exhibition games, as he's still waiting for his first reception.

Same goes for Ben Obomanu, who also hasn't caught a pass. Expect that to change over the final half of Seattle's exhibition season.

"I want to see Courtney touch the ball, Ben touch the ball," coach Mike Holmgren said. "I think they're just as capable. We have to sort that out, so we're going to kind of try and force-feed that just a little bit to see how we're going to line up the first game."

The receiver position remains wide open. Taylor is just waiting for the passes to start coming his way.

"I'm a competitive dude," he said. "And of course I want to get my hands on some [passes] and do what I do best."

So far, the only time Taylor has touched the ball was when he took a handoff and ran around the edge of the defense, gaining 13 yards in the Aug. 8 exhibition at Minnesota.

Taylor has been working as the flanker with the first-unit offense, the position played by Deion Branch last season.

Branch is recovering from offseason knee surgery, and while the hope was he might be ready for Week 1 of the regular season, Holmgren said Wednesday he didn't have a timeline for his return.

con't...

rest of article: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... awk22.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby BMcP » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:47 pm

Stomper, you're a rock star with the news updates!
BMcP
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:06 pm

BMcP wrote:Stomper, you're a rock star with the news updates!

Lol, thanx! ;-D All the news that's fit to print - and even some that's only useful for lining the bottom of birdcages! :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Jagator73 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:15 pm

I personally think Burleson is going to be quite the value going late in drafts. I'm gunning for him and expect him to have a big year.
Jagator73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:55 pm

JJ is horrible, take it from someone who's seen every NFL carry he's had. Early in his career he had pop and explosion. Now he just runs into the back of his linemen and then falls down. He has no strength to break tackles whatsoever and he needs a huge hole to make big gains. He creates nothing on his own. I don't know if it was all the nagging injuries that built up, or if Parcells really did ruin him mentally, but he's just flat out not a very good RB. He'll be splitting touches with Morris in a pass heavy offense. Stay away.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no2leads » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:19 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'll say one more thing about Seattle fantasy players.

I wouldn't touch Matt Hasselbeck with a 10-foot pole at his ADP.

That could EASILY be this years major bust at QB.

i'll still take Hbeck over guys who have yet to put up consistent numbers game in/game out, i.e. Cutler, Eli, Garrard, etc., and would still take him over aging Favre, McNabb, Bulger.i'm not calling him Tom Brady, but before the 2007 wideouts showed up, Brady threw to mostly no-names also.
look at his last 5 years, i don't think he's going to duplicate 28 TDs and 4000 yards, but i'll take 3500 yards and 25 TDs from my no.1 QB if he's my 4th round pick. shying away because of potential back issue is one thing, but pointing out unknown WR corps is another. Holmgren's last year, he's going to let him air it out.

Year Team G GS Att Cmp CmpPct Yd YAtt Lg TD Int Rate Att Yd Avg TD
2007 SEA 16 16 562 352 62.6 3966 7.1 65 28 12 91.4 39 89 2.3 0
2006 SEA 12 12 371 210 56.6 2442 6.6 72 18 15 76.0 18 110 6.1 0
2005 SEA 16 16 449 294 65.5 3459 7.7 56 24 9 98.2 36 124 3.4 1
2004 SEA 14 14 474 279 58.9 3382 7.1 60 22 15 83.1 27 90 3.3 1
2003 SEA 16 16 513 313 61.0 3841 7.5 80 26 15 88.8 36 125 3.5 2
no2leads
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby B-Chad » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 pm

I can't believe I read the words "offensive genius" and "Wade Phillips" in the same sentence :-o This being the same Wade Phillips who lead the Bills and Broncos and is a former Defensive Coordinator right? I think the offensive genius on the Cowboys' sideline is Jason Garrett, oh and it helps to have talent like Romo, Witten, T.O., Barber, etc.
B-Chad
Water Boy
Water Boy

Editor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no2leads » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:45 am

just to clarify on my last post where i said i'll take him in the 4th round, i was referring to a 2 QB league
no2leads
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DemonDeacon » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:17 pm

picking up JJ isnt one of the more retarded things Seattle sports teams have done... thats to say we've had more than our share of retarded owners and managment in the city of Seattle... In a perfect world we shouldnt have even considered JJ and drafted Mendy. anyways im not going to rant. I'd stay clear of everyone in seattle but Burleson and there Defense. Hass can lick my balls and JJ+MoMo > SA and SA < Me. yup
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk