What is going on in Seattle? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is going on in Seattle?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What is going on in Seattle?

Postby hermitkendle » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Forsett will be the back by the end of the year in seattle, mm and jj r junk and forsett will take the rb spot...
hermitkendle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TommyZND » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 pm

B-Chad wrote:I can't believe I read the words "offensive genius" and "Wade Phillips" in the same sentence :-o This being the same Wade Phillips who lead the Bills and Broncos and is a former Defensive Coordinator right? I think the offensive genius on the Cowboys' sideline is Jason Garrett, oh and it helps to have talent like Romo, Witten, T.O., Barber, etc.

I must be really dumb. I bet if i gave you the head coaching job in dallas you would do much better. Just because somebody was a former defensive coach doesnt mean they don't know offense buddy. Since he's been the head coach there numbers has gone up. Maybe its a coincidence or maybe its just luck. Unless he has a Joe Paterno situation where he's there as a motivator/recruitor, i think its safe to call the head coach of the 4th best offensive team last year a genius.

And for JJ, i have to say i was really disapointed with him. I watched his 4 att for 15 yards, then leave the field because he got the wind knocked of him or something. He looked like a PANSY1 then the RB3 i wanted him to be. I'm not very smitten with him anymore. :-t
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:05 pm

hermitkendle wrote:Forsett will be the back by the end of the year in seattle, mm and jj r junk and forsett will take the rb spot...

Forsett is a little on the small side to be the full time #1 guy.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby DemonDeacon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:12 pm

stomperrob wrote:
hermitkendle wrote:Forsett will be the back by the end of the year in seattle, mm and jj r junk and forsett will take the rb spot...

Forsett is a little on the small side to be the full time #1 guy.

agreed... but is he really any worse than JJ or MoMo?!? I see Warrick Dunn Jr in Forsett ;-D
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby B-Chad » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:30 pm

TommyZND wrote:
B-Chad wrote:I can't believe I read the words "offensive genius" and "Wade Phillips" in the same sentence :-o This being the same Wade Phillips who lead the Bills and Broncos and is a former Defensive Coordinator right? I think the offensive genius on the Cowboys' sideline is Jason Garrett, oh and it helps to have talent like Romo, Witten, T.O., Barber, etc.

I must be really dumb. I bet if i gave you the head coaching job in dallas you would do much better. Just because somebody was a former defensive coach doesnt mean they don't know offense buddy. Since he's been the head coach there numbers has gone up. Maybe its a coincidence or maybe its just luck. Unless he has a Joe Paterno situation where he's there as a motivator/recruitor, i think its safe to call the head coach of the 4th best offensive team last year a genius.

I never said you were dumb... but am not going to contend that. I also never claimed to be an offensive genius, and it's safe to say that putting me on the sideline would be a bad idea, but congratulations on pointing out the obvious, that Wade Phillips is a better coach then I, arm chair quarterback. I will say it is absolutely assanine to think that he is an offensive genius looking at his history. He had 1 top 10 offense in points scored in 3 seasons as the Bills head coach, his first season after taking over for Marv Levy. His offenses have progressively gotten worse in each head coaching gig the further he gets into his stay. His first year with the Broncos and HOF QB John Elway he "lead," and I say that very loosely the Broncos to the 3rd most points scored in the league that year. He followed that up with his team falling to 10th in scoring in his second season as head coach, after which he lost his job. He later coached three seasons in Buffalo where his offense went from 7th in points in 1998, to 16th in 1999 and 20th in 2000... some genius! X-I

I suppose the Cowboys offensive improvement when Phillips took over as head coach had nothing to do with Romo going into his second season as the starter (after taking over the starting duties a few games into the previous season), or Marion Barber gaining another year of experience. Nope, none at all, just the offensive genius of Wade Phillips, who leaves all the offensive play calling to his offensive coordinator Jason Garrett (and rightfully so, since Phillips himself realizes he should not be responsible for an offense).

So call him a genius if you'd like, but that would just be ignorant of the facts which have been laid before you, but congrats on a highly comical post :-D
B-Chad
Water Boy
Water Boy

Editor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Jason Garrett deserves ALL the credit for the Cowboys offense getting better, not Wade...Wade has very little input in what goes on with the offense, he doesn't run the offense, call the plays, draw up any plays, he is hands on with the defense, and he has more to do with our sack total increases because he has alot of experience coming from San Diego, but thats all Jason Garrett in Big D, ever since he took over the offense has produced alot better, TO has pointed that out...Wade isn't an offensive guy, just because your the HC doesn't mean you take credit for everything, he lets Garrett run that entire offense by himself, obviously Wade has the upper hand with personnel decisions or who makes the rosters, but he has no part in how well that offense has been running.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 pm

How did we start talking about the Cowboys?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Yes Wade Phillips is the head coach in title but in reality it's more like Phillips is head coach A and Jason Garrett is head coach B. And Phillips runs a much better defense than Bill Parcells or Mike Zimmer did with the same players.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk