Where do you draft McGahee? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where do you draft McGahee?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Where do you draft McGahee?

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:54 pm

I'd take him near the back half of the 2nd in a 12 team league (between picks 20-25). There really aren't any big question marks surrounding him besides the knee, and he's supposed to be ready for the opener....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Azrael wrote:Mid to late 2nd round. Just lock up Ray Rice.

That sounds fine to me. Remember last year when people were freaking out about Portis and Betts? I think the McGahee/Rice situation will end up similar to that.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:31 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:

That sounds fine to me. Remember last year when people were freaking out about Portis and Betts? I think the McGahee/Rice situation will end up similar to that.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did Portis have surgery halfway through the preseason last year? There was a lot of worry about Portis because he was resting up in the preseason and not playing in the games and had been injured the previous year. But Portis didn't do a last ditch effort "clean up" operation on the knee right before week 1.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:58 pm

I've been reading that his knee is healing quickly and they expect him to play game 1 and be a big part of the offense. I have him at the same numbers as last year with a few more catches. Some injuries on O line but Cameron there to get creative. I will probably pass on him at my 15th pick but could easily see someone pick him up 12-20, especially in PPR league.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Stelly » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:44 am

So, the concensus is he's a good pick anywhere from 12-35. Super! :-D

In my keeper league, my first round pick (#6) is essentially 15th overall because of who is being kept. The best available will likely be LT, Westy, Grant, Moss, TO, and McGahee. I'd love to get any of Grant, Moss or TO if they fell to me, but if they don't is McGahee the pick there? Do I even consider McGahee over TO?

I'm rambling....sorry! We'll just have to watch the reports on his knee, and see how it goes!
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Late 3rd round/early 4th round is where he seems to be falling lately
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did Portis have surgery halfway through the preseason last year? There was a lot of worry about Portis because he was resting up in the preseason and not playing in the games and had been injured the previous year. But Portis didn't do a last ditch effort "clean up" operation on the knee right before week 1.

he is just getting scoped ken, not too big of a deal really...and the reason they even did the scope was because they could do it now and have him healthy by the first of the season. the reports i have read said that they wouldnt have even performed the surgery if it was game time, but they did it to just clear up the knee problem alltogther since they had the time.

i do agree with cuffing rice, but i dont really think that mcgahee is going to have any problem playing this year like some people here are making it out be.

if you can get this guy late 2nd or even later, consider it a steal.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk