I'm a "newbie" and need some help!!! ;o) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

I'm a "newbie" and need some help!!! ;o)

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm a "newbie" and need some help!!! ;o)

Postby KCsTeam » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:24 pm

Ok guys, here goes. I'm not really sure what I'm doing here. I just know I want to kick my boyfriend's butt (yes, I'm a girl) LOL... He has played for several years and I've always fussed about how much time he spends "studying". I guess I'm going for the... 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' method. I've done a good bit of studying, but everyone I like my boyfriend calls "broke legs". :o) I know he's just trying to throw me off, so I've decided to keep my knowledge to myself. Shhhh.... just between us, I don't have a whole lot!!!!
Here's the deal.... We are in a 12 team non-keeper league. We are having a snake draft and I have the 4th pick. Woohoo! He has the 11th...
I have several mock drafts I'm looking at, and I'm studying the rankings. I think I will go for Westbrook on that first pick (It kinda looks like I'm supposed to... everyone else does) but I also like Tom Brady.
Any help you guys could throw me would be really appreciated. I really want to beat him!!! Oh, and all the other guys in the league too (I'm the only girl) but he's my main target. LOL
Thanks so much!!!!
Can't beat 'em.... Join 'em!!!
KCsTeam
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I'm a "newbie" and need some help!!! ;o)

Postby spodog » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Stay with your first instinct. If Westbrook is available at pick 4, get him over Brady. Brady may fall to you late in the 2nd, but not likely, so eye another RB you like in Round 2.

and watch out for that snake at the draft!

good luck.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCsTeam » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Thanks for getting back with me Spodog, I appreciate the advice. I'm seeing RB, RB, QB (round 1,2,3) in a lot of the mock drafts I'm looking at... is that pretty common?
What do you mean by that "snake" at the draft??? That's not some kind of FF lingo I'm not aware of is it?? ;o)
BTW, this site is really awesome!!! It is helping me a lot!!!
Can't beat 'em.... Join 'em!!!
KCsTeam
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Snake draft means the order is reversed every other round - so you have picks 1.04, 2.09, 3.04, 4.09. etc (round number followed by pick number). So pick 2.09 actually works out to overall pick #21.

RB's are golden in FF and in 12 man leagues they are at a premium - if you grab a QB inthe 1st round, you'll be hard pressed to get 2 solid starting RB's. I usually start all 12 man league drafts with back to back RB picks. Then usually follow with a couple WR's,another RB and then maybe look at a QB or a TE. A lot depends on who is left on the board - sometimes you don't draft by position, but rather by who's the best player available. I gave a lengthier response to a similar post this morning - checkit out at:
viewtopic.php?t=391919
(and also check out th link in that thread I suggested for good tips!)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Beginner's Forum