Double Flex and PPR, who to move up in draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Double Flex and PPR, who to move up in draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Double Flex and PPR, who to move up in draft?

Postby wetbeaverlover » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm

I am in a money league that has the following roster 1qb, 2 rb, 2wr, 2 rb/wr, 1 te, 1k, 1def. It is also a ppr league of 1 point per reception so guys like housh, welker, and mason are higher on my list. I was thinking the 2 flexes would make rb's much more valuable but then ppr would counter a little of that and would add to the wr value. Are rb's still much more valuable in this format? also, their are yardage bonuses of 300 pass = 5 points, 100 run/rec = 5 points
If your parents weren't able to have children... chances are neither will you.
wetbeaverlover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Double Flex and PPR, who to move up in draft?

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:50 pm

This is a RB heavy scoring system. Make sure to get your RBs early and often.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:48 am

up until this year i would agree that it would be RB heavy...but i see no reason why you would need to start any more than 2 RBS given its PPR. if you are starting 4 RBs lets say, odds are the fourth one sucks. (now of course if you can get 4 good ones by all means more power to you)

but w PPR the flex positions could be more benefitial to fill w WRs.

as i was writing i decided to look into it a little. using the projections from footballdocs.com...which is what ill be using, and plugging them into thsi league setting(1 PPR, 1 pt-10 yd rush, 1 pt- 15 yd rec)....this comes out

RB - 25th ranked = 180 pts, 37 = 121 pts, 48 = 100 pts
WR - 25th ranked = 160 pts, 37 = 136 pts, 48 = 117 pts

so it looks like the RB3 get more points, but the WRs catch up and take over once you get to WR3-4 territory. and to think about it like this, if you roll with a RB3 and a WR3, you are a whole lot better than going w 4 RBs.

one more thing. the points for RBs drop off so much at the RB3 area, and the WRs dont, thanks to the PPr and there are just more of them. so i guess i would say to get 2 good RBs, a flyer RB, and load up on high reception WRs, bc odds are they will be filling your flex positions
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:27 pm

shawngee03 wrote:up until this year i would agree that it would be RB heavy...but i see no reason why you would need to start any more than 2 RBS given its PPR. if you are starting 4 RBs lets say, odds are the fourth one sucks. (now of course if you can get 4 good ones by all means more power to you)

as i was writing i decided to look into it a little. using the projections from footballdocs.com...which is what ill be using, and plugging them into thsi league setting(1 PPR, 1 pt-10 yd rush, 1 pt- 15 yd rec)....this comes out

so it looks like the RB3 get more points, but the WRs catch up and take over once you get to WR3-4 territory. and to think about it like this, if you roll with a RB3 and a WR3, you are a whole lot better than going w 4 RBs.

one more thing. the points for RBs drop off so much at the RB3 area, and the WRs dont, thanks to the PPr and there are just more of them. so i guess i would say to get 2 good RBs, a flyer RB, and load up on high reception WRs, bc odds are they will be filling your flex positions

Right, what I've been doing in mocks is getting 3 RBs early then picking up the WRs in rounds 4-8. It adds up to more points than if I start selecting WRs in rounds 2 & 3.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:16 pm

I would draft Brian Westbrook.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:29 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I would draft Brian Westbrook.

I'm in a .5 PPR league and I have him ranked #2 right now.
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moose_ffc » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:17 am

shawngee03 wrote:up until this year i would agree that it would be RB heavy...but i see no reason why you would need to start any more than 2 RBS given its PPR. if you are starting 4 RBs lets say, odds are the fourth one sucks. (now of course if you can get 4 good ones by all means more power to you)

Great post. I use them because I play in about 5 different leagues with 5 different types of scoring and multiple sizes. I like to use them to help keep them straight. They helped me grab Braylon Edwards, Greg Jennings, and Adrian Peterson in almost all of my leagues last year. I didn't get AP in my auction league though. I chickened out when the bidding started getting a little high. DANG! That one was for big cabbage. Oh well, I will be ready this season. I have a few guys in the bag.

good post.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Football Talk