Jake Delhomme - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jake Delhomme

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jake Delhomme

Postby nogoat23 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:27 pm

What are your thoughts on this guy? Think he's worthy of being a starting fantasy quarterback?
nogoat23 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:21 pm

nogoat23 wrote:What are your thoughts on this guy? Think he's worthy of being a starting fantasy quarterback?

If he can stay healthy, he would be a steal at where he is currently being drafted. I don't think he can remain healthy.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:41 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
nogoat23 wrote:What are your thoughts on this guy? Think he's worthy of being a starting fantasy quarterback?

If he can stay healthy, he would be a steal at where he is currently being drafted. I don't think he can remain healthy.

well with the TJ surgery there is reason for concern but it's not like he carries and oft injured tag with him. outside of last year he had only missed 3 games in 4 seasons since coming to carolina. he's 33 but he has only started for what 5 seasons so he hasn't taken the beating that many guys his age might have. he was on his way to one of his best seasons of his career before getting hurt last year as well. they have improved both the wideouts and running game over last years and the line should be better as well.

i wouldn't call him top 10 or anything but i can see him finishing just outside the top 10 barring injury. he is a guy that if you decide to wait on a qb later on you will need to address his backup on your team shortly thereafter though.

he is a guy that has the true meaning of high risk/reward.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:57 pm

I like the guy alot this year. He's going to be the kind of guy that if you have him as your backup you will be wondering if you should start him or the guy you drafted as your starter every week outside of having Manning, Romo, or Brady.

The ONLY ? is his health. To me it's a no brainer that he should have an excellent year otherwise. He has more weapons at his disposal than he ever has and his fast start last year is indicative of him having a great command of his offense.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Here's the best way I can describe Delhomme: If I can have any backup, I want Delhomme. As a starter, that's just WAY too risky.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:11 am

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:Here's the best way I can describe Delhomme: If I can have any backup, I want Delhomme. As a starter, that's just WAY too risky.

Exactly. He has great weapons to work with and has been a very productive fantasy quarterback in the past, but with Tommy John surgery it's so hard to predict how a player will respond. He's a great option if you feel like taking a risk on a backup, but far too much of a risk to have as an every week starter.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:18 am

I think his injury concerns should allow him to drop far enough for one to fill out other roster slots before QB. Just make sure you get another similar QB to back him up. I believe in Jake.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:48 am

I'm planning on taking him as part of a QBBC, then maybe adding a 3rd "sleeper" QB [ex: Leinart] in the last couple rounds, depending mostly on bench size/how many other QBs are taken.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:05 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I'm planning on taking him as part of a QBBC, then maybe adding a 3rd "sleeper" QB [ex: Leinart] in the last couple rounds, depending mostly on bench size/how many other QBs are taken.

Good luck with that. Leinart is mediocre ( more ints than Td's in his career so far) and Delhomme is coming back from Tommy John surgery..

I would avoid both these guys
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballsimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:23 am

J.C. Fighter wrote:
Good luck with that. Leinart is mediocre ( more ints than Td's in his career so far) and Delhomme is coming back from Tommy John surgery..I would avoid both these guys

If you avoided everyone with an injury or everyone that did not have a good first 17 games of their career, who would you draft?

The reason to take these guys is they COULD produce as well as Palmer and Roethlesberger and you get them cheap. I am seeing these guys go 12th round or later in some cases. That is a steal considering the potential that is there.

Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are three of the top 15 fantasy WR out there I would think. Someone has to deliver the ball.
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk