Jake Delhomme - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Jake Delhomme

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby logan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:26 am

Carolina's Jake Delhomme is recovering from Tommy-John tendon surgery on his throwing arm (right) elbow. "It feels great," Delhomme said after a rehab session this in February. "Honestly, I feel absolutely great. I have no pain whatsoever.". He was reportedly doing well in light throwing drills during organized team activities during early May - Delhomme appears to be on the road to recovery. Coach Fox spoke of Delhomme's positive presence on the field on May 30th, saying "Having him back out there, his enthusiasm, is a joy to watch for sure." Delhomme has been the starter since day 1 of training camp, but only attempted one throw in the first preseason game due to game circumstances. However, he's reportedly thrown many nice passes during training camp - his elbow appears to be 100%.


that's an update on how he is feeling with his elbow and how things have been going.
Image
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7273
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:38 am

footballsimp wrote:
J.C. Fighter wrote:
Good luck with that. Leinart is mediocre ( more ints than Td's in his career so far) and Delhomme is coming back from Tommy John surgery..I would avoid both these guys


If you avoided everyone with an injury or everyone that did not have a good first 17 games of their career, who would you draft?

The reason to take these guys is they COULD produce as well as Palmer and Roethlesberger and you get them cheap. I am seeing these guys go 12th round or later in some cases. That is a steal considering the potential that is there.

Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are three of the top 15 fantasy WR out there I would think. Someone has to deliver the ball.



Ok Leinart hasn't shown that he can so far..
Delhome has but I'm not confident in his elbow..
I want to know if he's throwing deep passes during pre-season/ practice..


Carolina's Jake Delhomme is recovering from Tommy-John tendon surgery on his throwing arm (right) elbow. "It feels great," Delhomme said after a rehab session this in February. "Honestly, I feel absolutely great. I have no pain whatsoever.". He was reportedly doing well in light throwing drills during organized team activities during early May - Delhomme appears to be on the road to recovery. Coach Fox spoke of Delhomme's positive presence on the field on May 30th, saying "Having him back out there, his enthusiasm, is a joy to watch for sure." Delhomme has been the starter since day 1 of training camp, but only attempted one throw in the first preseason game due to game circumstances. However, he's reportedly thrown many nice passes during training camp - his elbow appears to be 100%.


Hmm i'll have to re-think my stance on Jake now.. :-? :-?
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 868
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby LeBron James » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:18 pm

footballsimp wrote:
J.C. Fighter wrote:
Good luck with that. Leinart is mediocre ( more ints than Td's in his career so far) and Delhomme is coming back from Tommy John surgery..I would avoid both these guys


If you avoided everyone with an injury or everyone that did not have a good first 17 games of their career, who would you draft?

The reason to take these guys is they COULD produce as well as Palmer and Roethlesberger and you get them cheap. I am seeing these guys go 12th round or later in some cases. That is a steal considering the potential that is there.

Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are three of the top 15 fantasy WR out there I would think. Someone has to deliver the ball.


Good points man. Yeah if Leinart can actually put it together he has the weapons for sure. I'm also thinking Arizona might be behind in a lot of games so it will be bombs away most of the time.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 366
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:26 pm

Ben Roethlisberger was coming back from an injury too last year. Oh and before last year Derek Anderson had thrown 5 TDs and 8 INTs in his career.

I hate when people rely on the past as their main determining factor when looking towards whether someone will be a good fantasy player in the future. I've probably said it 100 times on this site, if you wait for someone to prove to you what they are worth before you draft them then you are already too late. Winning at FF is about alot about being lucky enough to keep your team healthy and somewhat about being able to find a competitive advantage later in the draft. Sometimes guys come from 2 or 3 deep off the depth chart to provide solid fantasy #'s (Graham, Grant) and those guys you have to work the WW for. But sometimes guys can be identified and grabbed during the draft. Jake Delhomme is one of those guys...and Matt Leinart might be.
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Azrael wrote:Ben Roethlisberger was coming back from an injury too last year. Oh and before last year Derek Anderson had thrown 5 TDs and 8 INTs in his career.

I hate when people rely on the past as their main determining factor when looking towards whether someone will be a good fantasy player in the future. I've probably said it 100 times on this site, if you wait for someone to prove to you what they are worth before you draft them then you are already too late. Winning at FF is about alot about being lucky enough to keep your team healthy and somewhat about being able to find a competitive advantage later in the draft. Sometimes guys come from 2 or 3 deep off the depth chart to provide solid fantasy #'s (Graham, Grant) and those guys you have to work the WW for. But sometimes guys can be identified and grabbed during the draft. Jake Delhomme is one of those guys...and Matt Leinart might be.


Agreed, I will be targeting Delhomme later in the draft as someone who could surprise.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 858
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SECRET LAB

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Azrael wrote:Ben Roethlisberger was coming back from an injury too last year. Oh and before last year Derek Anderson had thrown 5 TDs and 8 INTs in his career.

I hate when people rely on the past as their main determining factor when looking towards whether someone will be a good fantasy player in the future. I've probably said it 100 times on this site, if you wait for someone to prove to you what they are worth before you draft them then you are already too late. Winning at FF is about alot about being lucky enough to keep your team healthy and somewhat about being able to find a competitive advantage later in the draft. Sometimes guys come from 2 or 3 deep off the depth chart to provide solid fantasy #'s (Graham, Grant) and those guys you have to work the WW for. But sometimes guys can be identified and grabbed during the draft. Jake Delhomme is one of those guys...and Matt Leinart might be.



Difference being , Derek Anderson has a strong arm , Matt Leinart doesn't.....
and when was the last time a lefty QB actually put up good passing TD numbers?
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 868
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby Deathlok2001 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:08 am

I was originally big on Jake Delhomme & down on Leinart. After last nights game, =Jake looks horrible. I will have to see how Leinart does on Sat.

I would be inclined to take Leinart now over Jake. 33 years old & Tommy John Surgery = Jake is done.
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 338
Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:38 pm

Deathlok2001 wrote:I was originally big on Jake Delhomme & down on Leinart. After last nights game, =Jake looks horrible. I will have to see how Leinart does on Sat.

I would be inclined to take Leinart now over Jake. 33 years old & Tommy John Surgery = Jake is done.


Before you discard Delhomme, remember that vets coming back from an injury aren't going to press to impress. A poor showing in an exhibition game could simply be getting the rust out. Don't sleep based on the second X-game.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:40 pm

moochman wrote:
Deathlok2001 wrote:I was originally big on Jake Delhomme & down on Leinart. After last nights game, =Jake looks horrible. I will have to see how Leinart does on Sat.

I would be inclined to take Leinart now over Jake. 33 years old & Tommy John Surgery = Jake is done.


Before you discard Delhomme, remember that vets coming back from an injury aren't going to press to impress. A poor showing in an exhibition game could simply be getting the rust out. Don't sleep based on the second X-game.


And it was raining pretty hard...one hour thunderstorm delay.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5309
Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beantown, Taxachusetts

Re: Jake Delhomme

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:48 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
Azrael wrote:Ben Roethlisberger was coming back from an injury too last year. Oh and before last year Derek Anderson had thrown 5 TDs and 8 INTs in his career.

I hate when people rely on the past as their main determining factor when looking towards whether someone will be a good fantasy player in the future. I've probably said it 100 times on this site, if you wait for someone to prove to you what they are worth before you draft them then you are already too late. Winning at FF is about alot about being lucky enough to keep your team healthy and somewhat about being able to find a competitive advantage later in the draft. Sometimes guys come from 2 or 3 deep off the depth chart to provide solid fantasy #'s (Graham, Grant) and those guys you have to work the WW for. But sometimes guys can be identified and grabbed during the draft. Jake Delhomme is one of those guys...and Matt Leinart might be.



Difference being , Derek Anderson has a strong arm , Matt Leinart doesn't.....
and when was the last time a lefty QB actually put up good passing TD numbers?


I don't know...Steve Young. But that's like saying when was the last time a white guy put up 1,000 yard rushing season? Point being, there hasn't been many of either to begin with, so odds are you wouldn't see it happen very often.
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 1:58 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact