Ben Utecht - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ben Utecht

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ben Utecht

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:43 am

As a final roster spot or something like that he's worth taking to see what happens. Wouldn't want to go into week 1 starting him though.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:59 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:As a Colts fan, I used to call him Ben "Injury Timeout" Utecht. Yeah, he has decent pass-catching ability for a TE, but he's easily dinged up and has a propensity to either drop or fumble the ball. I'd take a late flier on him, but I wouldn't reach for him by any stretch of the imagination.

Pretty much what I was going to add. Utecth is a decent talent, but he gets cases of the dropsies and fumbelitis far too often. Add in the fact that he is brittle and I am staying away from Benny, as much as I like him as a U of Minnesota guy. Probably worth a stash in dynasties though just to see what happens.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:11 pm

He's been staying after practice to work with Palmer...

Reins loosened on tight ends
By utilizing Utecht as a receiver, club could open new offensive possibilities
By Mark Curnutte • mcurnutte@enquirer.com • August 14, 2008

GEORGETOWN, Ky. - In the hyper-competitive NFL, where diagrams of X's and O's are guarded as carefully as troop movements on a military map, coaches never want to tip their hand for the regular season during a preseason game - especially the first one.

Don't put it on film.

But the Bengals could not conceal Monday night at Green Bay what they hope to do this season with Ben Utecht.

In limited first-half play, the former Indianapolis Colts tight end had four receptions for 34 yards, including a 14-yard catch and run for a touchdown.

In layman's terms, the Utecht Plan goes something like this: Double-team wide receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh on the outside, peek in the backfield to see what Chris Perry is doing, and Utecht will hurt you in the middle.

"We said all along it was going to be different," head coach Marvin Lewis said after the Bengals' 20-17 victory against the Packers. "Ben is a big target and gives us another option on offense."

The Bengals signed Utecht, 27, a fourth-year NFL player, as a restricted free agent in the offseason. The Colts chose not to match the Bengals' starter-money offer sheet of $9 million over three years.

con't...

rest of article: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 40413/1066
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Football Talk