Bourbon or Scotch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bourbon or Scotch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bourbon or Scotch?

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:35 pm

fezzik wrote:Sometimes I'll shoot Jack, but I prefer Makers...super smooth...great for mixing or sipping. ;-D

I really haven't had a wide enough variety of scotch to put in a qualified opinion...I'll have to remedy that. ;-)

Did you ever go to the Maker's plant in Loretto, KY? I got to dip my own souvenir bottle ( got 2 legs, yeah I suck...master's get like 5 legs on the wax) on Feb 12, 2005. Funny coincidence, I live near Loretto, PA.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:40 pm

The talk of Maker's Mark reminds me of that scene in Juno when Jennifer Garner's character asks if she can get anyone something to drink and pregnant Juno says "I'll take a Maker's Mark...up."

:-b

I love that movie. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby fezzik » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:00 am

Azrael wrote:
fezzik wrote:Sometimes I'll shoot Jack, but I prefer Makers...super smooth...great for mixing or sipping. ;-D

I really haven't had a wide enough variety of scotch to put in a qualified opinion...I'll have to remedy that. ;-)

Did you ever go to the Maker's plant in Loretto, KY? I got to dip my own souvenir bottle ( got 2 legs, yeah I suck...master's get like 5 legs on the wax) on Feb 12, 2005. Funny coincidence, I live near Loretto, PA.

I haven't had the chance. :,-(

I did see a Discovery Channel program that went over from start to finish the process for making both Jack Daniels and Maker's Mark...it was pretty interesting. The process for making Maker's was very hands on and much more labor intensive...rotating barrels up and down in wharehouses to get a consistent product...not having any barrels released until they've been approved by an expert taster. I was impressed with the process...and of course I already liked the taste. :-L
I only dog paddle...
fezzik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:18 am

Azrael wrote:

no but i should have when i was visiting Louisville on business all the time...i did get a nice steak and a couple of drinks from the restaraunt in downtown Louisville though

Metroid wrote:The talk of Maker's Mark reminds me of that scene in Juno when Jennifer Garner's character asks if she can get anyone something to drink and pregnant Juno says "I'll take a Maker's Mark...up."

:-b

I love that movie. :-B

me too...i really like the soundtrack too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:29 pm

I much prefer bourbon. It's kind of like my cryptonite though. Scotch is ok. I my NYC publishing days I used to get press invites for various liquor companies, and Maker's, Johnnie Walker respectively always had the coolest events with the best looking ladies.

I guess we can let JD in the discussion, even though its not technically either. I'd say beam for mixing, maker's or bookers for sipping. Scotch can get so expensive, its not even worth it from my perspective to develop the taste. I mean small batch bourbons are pricey, but as an every now and then, especially if you have a friend, you can get it. Try getting Walker blue or above, let alone some of the ridiculous stuff. It's just a different animal altogether.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:44 pm

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guru13 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:54 pm

I tried to find a clip from that scene in scrubs where JD takes a sip of scotch while talking to Dr. Cox but couldn't. grrr.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I tried to find a clip from that scene in scrubs where JD takes a sip of scotch while talking to Dr. Cox but couldn't. grrr.

Where he's in his onesy in the bar? :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:55 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I tried to find a clip from that scene in scrubs where JD takes a sip of scotch while talking to Dr. Cox but couldn't. grrr.

Where he's in his onesy in the bar? :-D

no after Cox kills those patients with the rabies thing and then gets all depressed, really not a funny episode but when JD goes to console him and takes a sip of scotch it's quite funny.

*pours glass*

JD says something touching

*takes sip*

Dr. Cox says "...you don't drink scotch...."

*JD commences to spit entire mouthful into glass rather than swallowing it*

I just like how Dr. Cox says that line in the episode, don't know why, I just find it comical.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk