Roddy White... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roddy White...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roddy White...

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:34 pm

...poised to repeat last year's performance???

Confident White to be key target for Falcons
By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/13/08

Flowery Branch — Falcons wide receiver Roddy White is feeling it right now. He doesn't catch passes. He snatches them. Defensive backs are going to feel him too — a stiff arm or some lip after he makes a play is how he's been inflicting most of his damage this preseason.

Confidence is a beautiful thing.

"I know I can make plays," White said.

Now he does.

Fresh off a breakthrough season — 83 catches, 1,202 yards and six touchdowns — White is Atlanta's main receiving threat. He is arguably its top offensive option.

White calls for the football while running routes, much like the youngster in sandlot games screaming, "I'm open." He's learned that a fluid stride sometimes works better at shaking free from a defender than a head fake.

But is he really ready?

Last season, the Falcons' offense was among the worst in the NFL. Somebody had to do something. The running game barely existed and the team went through quarterbacks like its gone through coaches the last few years.

White was about the only constant.

"I hope he understands that a lot of people have caught 75, 80 ball for one year," wide receivers coach Terry Robiskie said. "It's the guys who consistently catch 75, 80 balls year in and year out. Those are the special guys. He's got to get that in his mind."

White said he does.

"I'm still paying my dues," White said. "There are a lot of people ahead of me right now. I have a lot of ground to gain. I have to compete and work hard all the time in practices and in games. Those guys [Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss] have made Pro Bowls. I haven't made any. I have to work to get where they are and I have to help my team win."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/spor ... white.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roddy White...

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Huge Roddy White fan, and love his value in round 5 as a WR2, I don't think last season was a fluke and even with a rookie QB I expect 1200 yds and 7 TD's at least, this guy just finally gets it now.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: Roddy White...

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:46 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Huge Roddy White fan, and love his value in round 5 as a WR2, I don't think last season was a fluke and even with a rookie QB I expect 1200 yds and 7 TD's at least, this guy just finally gets it now.

I agree. He is coming at a good price and I like his chances to repeat or improve on last year's numbers. There are concerns over QB play and the Atlanta offense in general, and rightfully so, but the situation was horrid last year and he still found a way to produce. I think his talent is enough to transcend his situation and I like him as a #2 in re-drafts and a future #1 WR in dynasties.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk