Reggie Brown... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Brown...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Brown...

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm

...ready to put up consistent numbers over an entire season???

Posted on Thu, Aug. 14, 2008
Birds' Reggie Brown thinking positively
by Bob Brookover
Inquirer Staff Writer

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Reggie Brown is off to a good start, according to Reggie Brown.
The Eagles receiver made that declaration this week as the team staged its final training-camp workouts at Lehigh University.

To Brown, it didn't matter that he missed the Eagles' first preseason game, against Pittsburgh, because of a sore Achilles tendon. And it didn't matter that rookie receiver DeSean Jackson earned the spotlight by pulling in a game high of five catches for 51 yards.

"I think I already have got off to a good start," Brown said. "I'm feeling positive vibes out here. My routes are good, I'm consistently catching the ball, and I'm feeling confident about my game."

Brown, 27, knows that none of that matters if he arrives at the season's quarter pole in late September with the pedestrian numbers he had a year ago.

As long as the good vibes extend into the season, he said, "everything is going to be all right."

"Just give me more opportunities to go out there and catch balls and make plays, and everything will be great," Brown said.

His first preseason opportunity will come tonight when the Eagles play the Carolina Panthers at Lincoln Financial Field.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2 ... ively.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Reggie Brown...

Postby Humpback » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:43 am

....and then he gets hurt.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Wolfpac11680 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:57 am

Big Eagles fan here - he won't get hurt....he will just underperform and disappear when you need him most. Why do you think a slot receiver it the #1 target? Cause he atleast shows up to play - unlike Mr. Brown
Wolfpac11680
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby B-eAsy510 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:24 pm

Watch out or Deshean Jackson! He was targeted often in his second game (14 times) playing with the first string offense. If him and McNabb get on the same page than find some cover because there's going to be some bombs being thrown. I've liked Reggie Brown since he came into the league but it just seems like he is just an average reciever and now he is hurt and Jackson seems like he is taking full advantage of the oppurtunity. I was targeting Brown but now I think I will pass him by and grab Jackson later.
B-eAsy510
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:47 pm

B-eAsy510 wrote:Watch out or Deshean Jackson! He was targeted often in his second game (14 times) playing with the first string offense. If him and McNabb get on the same page than find some cover because there's going to be some bombs being thrown. I've liked Reggie Brown since he came into the league but it just seems like he is just an average reciever and now he is hurt and Jackson seems like he is taking full advantage of the oppurtunity. I was targeting Brown but now I think I will pass him by and grab Jackson later.

Yeh, Jackson is starting to look like a good pick fantasy-wise

Posted on Fri, Aug. 15, 2008

Between the tackles: Desean Jackson catching on quickly with Eagles
By Paul Domowitch
Philadelphia Daily News
Daily News Sports Columnist

WITH EACH practice rep and preseason snap, Andy Reid's confidence in DeSean Jackson grows a little bit more.
Jackson, who was expected to earn his rookie keep primarily as the Eagles' punt returner, is looking more and more like a guy who is going to have a fairly significant season-opening role in the offense as well.

The 5-9, 175-pound wideout continued his impressive preseason with another solid performance in the Eagles' 24-13 win over Carolina last night. Jackson finished with seven catches for 71 yards against the Panthers. Last week, he had a team-high five catches for 51 yards in the Eagles' 16-10 exhibition loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"Coach Marty [Mornhinweg] and coach Reid have a lot of things in the offense for me,'' Jackson said. "They have a lot of confidence in me and are giving me an opportunity to help this team out. I feel I'm better from the last game to this game. Coming off the ball. Running my routes.''

Last night, playing with the No. 1 offense in the first half, Jackson had two more receptions, picking up first downs with both of them. He hauled in an 11-yard pass from Donovan McNabb on a third-and-3 play on the Eagles' first possession, then caught an 8-yard slant pass for another first down on their second possession.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/ ... agles.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Humpback » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Wolfpac11680 wrote:Big Eagles fan here - he won't get hurt....he will just underperform and disappear when you need him most. Why do you think a slot receiver it the #1 target? Cause he atleast shows up to play - unlike Mr. Brown

I meant he already got hurt, in the pre-season game last night. Not sure how serious, but first it was his achilles, now a hammy.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:53 pm

B-eAsy510 wrote:Watch out or Deshean Jackson! He was targeted often in his second game (14 times) playing with the first string offense. If him and McNabb get on the same page than find some cover because there's going to be some bombs being thrown. I've liked Reggie Brown since he came into the league but it just seems like he is just an average reciever and now he is hurt and Jackson seems like he is taking full advantage of the oppurtunity. I was targeting Brown but now I think I will pass him by and grab Jackson later.

I love that Jackson seemed to get open often...and McNabb noticed. He could burst onto the scene in Phillie. That O has been longing for a serious threat at WR.
Now lets stop all the talk now, gotta draft in progress.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:07 pm

I hope DeSean Jackson is thanking Jerry Rice for pulling him to the side and being his mentor this entire off-season, working on his route running, catching with his hands, if your a WR what better guy can you have to teach you fundamentals, and he had all the talent in the world he just needed to sharpen up his fundamentals such as route running and it looks like it helped...He still needs to fill out his frame some, but in this offense it wouldn't surprise me if he had quite a few big games.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby croutonjack » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:34 pm

I think I'm going to pick up Jackson after watching that game last night...he's pretty bad ass
croutonjack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk