Please explain how yahoo keeper works - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Please explain how yahoo keeper works

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please explain how yahoo keeper works

Postby criscarter4life » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:03 pm

for the first time ever yahoo free leagues is offering a keeper option before the draft. So my commissioner wont have internet for week or so and gives me info so i can set the settings and inform people of how keeper works for league vote. we're trying to decide to do keeper or no keeper and have league vote but league needs info on how it works. we cant set draft order without choosing keeper or no keeper. im in commisioner tools right now and its asking me to assign keeper players to teams before the teams draft, that doesnt make sense. Please explain this how and why is yahoo asking to add a player to each team as a keeper before draft order is set and before the draft, and before players even draft that so called keeper. please break how this all works in easiest of terms for me lol.
criscarter4life
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please explain how yahoo keeper works

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 am

A keeper league is an ongoing league where each year you get to keep a certain number of players (often between 1-5 players) from the previous season - the rest of your players go back in the free agent pool with everyone elses and then you hold a new draft each year. So Yahoo is asking you if yours is a keeper league so you can manually add the keepers to each team from last year before the draft is held. It sounds like this is not the case in your league so just check "no keeper".
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum