Ronnie Brown / Ricky split ratio? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown / Ricky split ratio?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronnie Brown / Ricky split ratio?

Postby woodson_28 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:24 pm

I haven't heard too much on Ronnie Brown this pre-season. I am wanting to move him up a few spots in my league - a PPR league, but I'm curious how many carries he's going to lose to Ricky. Does anybody know what the plan is down there? Will it be a 50/50 or 70/30 or Ricky on 3rd downs?

thanx - I'm drafting in 2 hours
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ronnie Brown / Ricky split ratio?

Postby SirPimpin08 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:29 pm

woodson_28 wrote:I haven't heard too much on Ronnie Brown this pre-season. I am wanting to move him up a few spots in my league - a PPR league, but I'm curious how many carries he's going to lose to Ricky. Does anybody know what the plan is down there? Will it be a 50/50 or 70/30 or Ricky on 3rd downs?

thanx - I'm drafting in 2 hours

wouldnt touch either unles sug et them late.... sparano said recently he isnt sure how he will split carries... and for the record ronnie hurt his thumb tonight
SirPimpin08
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby woodson_28 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:44 pm

SirPimpin08 wrote:
wouldnt touch either unles sug et them late.... sparano said recently he isnt sure how he will split carries... and for the record ronnie hurt his thumb tonight

Good info - thanks man
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SirPimpin08 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:31 pm

woodson_28 wrote:
SirPimpin08 wrote:

Good info - thanks man

p.s. not saying either 1 wont be a beast but tis smelling like a time share....
SirPimpin08
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Ricky is well worth the value though where he is going.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:57 pm

People touting Ricky Williams this offseason are going to be just as disappointed as those touting Ladell Betts last year.

People grabbing Ronnie Brown in the 3rd/4th round right now are going to be just as happy as those that got Portis in rounds 3/4 last year.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:03 am

As long as Brown is healthy, I think it'll be 75/25...as the ceiling for Ricky. ;-D
Last edited by flotsamnjetsam on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:03 am

Free Bagel wrote:People touting Ricky Williams this offseason are going to be just as disappointed as those touting Ladell Betts last year.

People grabbing Ronnie Brown in the 3rd/4th round right now are going to be just as happy as those that got Portis in rounds 3/4 last year.

Exactly.

Brown has the potential to be a top 10 back easily once he is completely healthy (mentally and physically) but until he takes the reins (could be week 1 or might even be week 1 next season) Ricky will be a tease. But I don't see Ricky be worth while, even if Brown went down.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:32 am

Free Bagel wrote:People touting Ricky Williams this offseason are going to be just as disappointed as those touting Ladell Betts last year.

Ladell Betts isn't a good example to use, if for anything Ricky is 3x as talented as Betts is, so that in itself is a wildcard because he has that pure ability at Rb to produce...Secondly all you have to do is watch the guy play, he is far ahead of Ronnie Brown right now, and is a goal line back in his own right, what makes any of you guys think Ronnie Brown is going to come off an ACL tear, and steal carries and goal line touches away from a healthy Ricky? Long term keeper or dynasty yea I can buy that argument, redraft, Ricky is where the value is...More then likely these two end up with similiar numbers this year, Parcells isn't going to have a workhorse, he just came from a system using 2 backs for years , with the QB situation in flux don't expect that to change, Ronnie isn't ever going to see a season like last year for those expecting that.

Ronnie is going in the 3rd/4th, Ricky is going anywhere from the 6th-9th as far as a few weeks ago, its very easy to see where your getting the value at...Read between the lines and you can see Parcells favors Ricky, he has no reason at all to give the ball to Ronnie the same way he was last year, even if he gets back to 100% he will never see that type of production again.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby UTChE96 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:20 am

People touting Ricky Williams this offseason are going to be just as disappointed as those touting Ladell Betts last year.

I'll call that bet. Ricky is just a more talented back than Brown. And he's a proven workhorse. I am not sure Ronnie is even fully recovered from his injury last season. Either way, Ricky in the 10+ round is far better value than Ronnie in the 3rd or 4th for that matter.

Of course, this assumes that Ricky stays away from the bong. :D
UTChE96
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk