2ksports wrote:I couldn't believe it I got Ronnie Brown in the 5th round... lol.
Ricky is not the steal, Ronnie is in this years drafts. He is a top 10 RB going after the 3rd. I just can't believe it.
1) Ronnie is the more powerful back of the 2. He's going to get the goaline touches even if it is a timeshare.
2) even if it is a timeshare, it doesn't mean that both RBs are useless. There are plenty of timeshares where 1 RB can still be top 10 (see ADP and MJD)
3) Ronnie Brown is one of the best pass catching RBs. Pennington dumps off alot to RBs. RB is the 3rd down RB.
4) The Miami O-Line is the best it's been this decade. It's really really good, with Carey moving back to the right with LT experience. Also there is Jake Long, and he's mostly good at run blocking. They can run either way.
You take RB for the same reason you take ADP. Yes there are 2 good backs in the backfield, but Ronnie will get enough touches to make a huge fantasy impact. Do not pass him up because of Ricky Williams.
Talk about blowing a little hot air lol...
1. Ronnie is certainly not the more powerful back, you can check with Dolphins fans on any website, or you can just watch these two on your own, Ronnie has never been a powerful runner while Ronnie is...Where do you figured Ronnie Brown is getting goal line touches? Thats the exact opposite, how much leg drive do you think he has after a torn ACL? So what sense would it make to have him inside the 5 driving piles backwards pushing for TD's when Ricky has been the better goal line back of the two all pre-season, and frankly most of his career.
2. Exactly, which gives Ricky just as good of value, both guys will dip into eachothers carries, so in no way would Ronnie take over in some sort.
3. Yes he is a good pass catcher, which is why he will be used more on 3rd downs then goal line carries, as a matter of fact, you would be lucky to see Brown in AT ALL during the goal line.
4. I agree
My whole thing is, you just talked about how both guys have value, so how is Ronnie the steal in this years draft if you got him in the 5th, when somebody probably got Ricky in the 7th or 8th, and guys will have similiar production? I know your excited to have Brown and all, but it only makes sense that the guy with the lower ADP is the "steal" if you want to annoint somebody with that term, but I'm fairly certain Ronnie is not more powerful and won't be taking over the goal line...I think some guys are having wishful thinking, you want him to turn back into this great RB because he's on your fantasy team, when I'm looking at this from a football standpoint.
Just like Azreal said there is another more then capable RB on the team, Parcells will NOT run Brown into the ground anymore, he is a firm believer in RBBC, Jamal Lewis didn't have a Ricky Williams running his butt off in the pre-season, the Dolphins do...It could be a toss up who finishes with more yards or carries, but Ricky is going to be more productive early in the year.