Ronnie Brown / Ricky split ratio? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown / Ricky split ratio?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ronnie Brown / Ricky split ratio?

Postby KrunK » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:28 pm

I just traded DeAngelo Williams for Ronnie Brown, the owner didn't want a guy coming off an injury splitting carries chewing up one of the 3 RB slots we have on our rosters, so I'm pretty happy with my trade ;-D He's using williams as a bye week fill in and I wanted to get rid of him (after a solid week) before J-Stew steals the starting job; which is my prediction for that RB situation by the end of the season. I've got my RB and flex spot covered right now, but in a few more games I'm expecting Ronnie to be putting up solid numbers and definitely passing up Ricky on the depth chart. And by the sound of it that could be sooner then later.
14-Teams
QB-RB-WR-WR/RB-TE-D/ST-K

QB - Jake Delhomme
RB - S-Jax
WR - Andre Johnson
RB/WR - Brandon Marshall
TE - Vernon Davis
K - Matchups
D/ST - Ravens
Bench: Marvin Harrison, Ronnie Brown, Phillip Rivers, Fred Taylor, Bengals D/ST (dropping soon)
KrunK
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:38 pm

I guess that's a reasonable trade, but it might have been a lateral move. DeAngelo looked quite good in a hostile environment @ SD. J Stew didn't do anything to make me fear he's losing his starting job anytime soon. Ronnie on the other hand might be taking the job from Ricky, but it's still up in the air. I have both DeAngelo and Ronnie, so I think they both have a lot of upside, it just hinges on them being able to get/keep the starting job.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:30 pm

More of the same, but Ronnie did score a TD last week and could be in line for more responsibility starting this weekend:

RotoWorld wrote:Ronnie Brown took first-team handoffs at Wednesday's Dolphins practice.

He did the same last week, but didn't start over Ricky Williams. Still, the two saw the same amount of carries and Brown executed in a goal-line situation. Brown is the slightly more desirable fantasy back at the moment.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Previous

Return to Football Talk