Michael Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Bennett

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:39 pm

What are your thoughts? I know its only preseason and it was only against the Phins D, but 19 Rushes for 74 yards and a TD to go with 4 rec for 16 yards? I do realize it was only one game, but now with the Bucs does he have any chance of decent touches behind Graham and also with Caddyshack also soon to be back? and the thoughts are...

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Michael Bennett

Postby spodog » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Perennial backup. The guy has skills, and quickness, but he's pretty stupid and likely won't ever be a starting RB in the league. He had a chance to take the starting job in MIN, but couldn't hold it. Got beat out by Mawelde Moore when Moore was an unknown rookie from Tulane. Then he had a chance to step into the starting job in KC after LJ was hurt, but Bennett was hurt too because he had came up lame in the preseason after challenging an offensive lineman to a footrace after practice and pulling his hammy.

Go back and look at his preseason numbers over the years and you will likely see a lot of games like this. You'll see few in the regular season.

He's too dumb to consider for much other than an occassional fill in start on an FFL team.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk