W.A.R. League 12 team past champions only - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

W.A.R. League 12 team past champions only

Moderator: Football Moderators

W.A.R. League 12 team past champions only

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:50 am

I wanted to set up a league with only past league champions but free leagues won't seem to let me do that. If you're up for a challenge, and don't mind a bit of hassle, here's how I'll try to do it:

1) Go to the league page showing your win from last year or any year prior
2) Take a screenshot using CaptureWiz or whatever screenshot utility you prefer
3) Send the screenshot as a jpg, bmp, png, or gif to monkiesatemybaby@yahoo.com for verification (please put WAR League in the subject line so I know its not spam)
4) I'll send an invite to the e-mail you sent the shot from

It seems like a pain, and if you don't feel like messing with all that I understand. BUT, I think it would be a blast to have a league composed of all past champs. The scoring is mostly standard plus 1 pt for 10 return yds and we'll start 2QB,2RB,1RB/WR,2WR,1WR/TE,1TE,1K,1DEF. No ppr or idp. There will be 3 4-team divisions, with div winners and 1 wild-card in playoffs. If you know a better way I can verify your past championship I'm all ears but that was the best way I could think of was a simple screenshot. Hope to hear from you soon and happy FFBalling ;-D
Last edited by monkiesatemybaby on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: W.A.R. League 12 team past champions only

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:07 am

Oh, and I'd like to set the draft for live online either Sun 8/24 or 8/31 at 10 pm est.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Got a few players from espn's boards, found out I can just click on the member name on espns page and it'll show if they won in the past, so that's far easier, no screenshot crap to mess with. Not sure if yahoo works the same way or not. I'd still like like to get a few cafeholics involved tho.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm not getting much response to this anywhere. Not sure if its because its a stupid idea that no one wants to do, because it makes me sound like a pompous jerk, or because the means I suggested for verification sounds shady and peeps think its spam. I just always seem to wind up in leagues where at least 2 or 3 or more players disappear before the end of the season taking away some of the fun and challenge. Thought it would be interesting to play a league where everybody has not only finished a season, but actually won their league. I think it's reasonable in this case to verify the win somehow, but I couldn't think of an easier way. If you have some interest in playing a highly competetive league with all past champs, and have some other suggestion on how I could verify the win, by all means suggest it.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Classifieds