Good Cooperative Xbox 360 games? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Good Cooperative Xbox 360 games?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good Cooperative Xbox 360 games?

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:28 am

My cousin and I have been playing cooperative games for many years, but now we are at a standstill...we don't know of any real good games to play. He has an Xbox 360 so if you guys know anything that has a good cooperative mode please let me know!

We have played Gears of War and Halo 3...we do like shooting games more than anything, but we are open to suggestions! I know Army of Two is currently out and from what I have read it is a decent game but I'm not convinced it's worth buying yet. I know Gears of War 2 will be out sometime next year, but in the meantime we'd like something to pass the time....shooting games would be the preference, but if there is another fun game feel free to suggest it!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Good Cooperative Xbox 360 games?

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:28 pm

i've always enjoyed madden co-op. lead blocking and route running is so easy with a friend.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:56 pm

I've been playing through Army of Two co-op with a buddy for a few weeks now and it's pretty fun. Not great (the aiming is clunky), but definitely fun.

Crackdown is one of the best co-op games I've ever played. Check out this video I made of some of the stuff that happened while me and a buddy were playing co-op: http://www.vimeo.com/868318 (it really picks up in the middle of the video when we ditch the cars, but check out the whole thing).

Also, there are some pretty good ones on the XBLA right now. Aces of the Galaxy is similar to Star Fox type gameplay and has online co-op. Schizoid and Aegis Wing are both a blast to runthrough in co-op online as well. If you can play with him locally, the same goes for Geometry Wars 2 (no online co-op in that one though).

There are a BUNCH of good looking co-op games around the corner too. Too Human looks like a lot of fun in co-op (comes out this week I believe) although the campaign is kind of gimped in co-op I've heard (no cutscenes or story elements) and Mercs 2 comes out at the end of the month and the co-op in that looks AWESOME.

Then, beyond that and before the end of the year lots of good looking co-op shooters. Gears 2, CoD: World at War, and Left 4 Dead all look like a blast.

Seriously though, me and my buddy have had Crackdown for a year now and we still go back and play the co-op occasionally. Once you level up your characters that game is incredible.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Forgot about one.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a fun little mindless beat 'em up with 4 player online co-op. Had fun going through that one with some friends as well.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:24 pm

Thanks for the list, I will look into the Marvel game right now and maybe Army of Two (at least until Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: World at War come out)

I should point out, we only have his Xbox so it would be offline cooperative play...some of the games you mentioned are cooperative through online only (like Mercs 2). The games look great but not quite what we want :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:59 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:Thanks for the list, I will look into the Marvel game right now and maybe Army of Two (at least until Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: World at War come out)

I should point out, we only have his Xbox so it would be offline cooperative play...some of the games you mentioned are cooperative through online only (like Mercs 2). The games look great but not quite what we want :-b

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is really fun co-op. The Thing was probably the best one IMO. Maybe Wolverine.

I played it offline co-op with 4 friends and it was tons of fun. It's just annoying when all four people are trying to get the same character. :-b
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:15 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:Thanks for the list, I will look into the Marvel game right now and maybe Army of Two (at least until Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: World at War come out)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is really fun co-op. The Thing was probably the best one IMO. Maybe Wolverine.

I played it offline co-op with 4 friends and it was tons of fun. It's just annoying when all four people are trying to get the same character. :-b

Dr Doom (in the game) > *
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Guru13 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Gears 2 and Left 4 Dead come out in November. This one may be a bit different than what you're looking for, but the new Geometry Wars game can be played co-op and it' awesome.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:06 am

i thought army of two was fancy looking garbage. so many basic problems ruined a game with a lot of potential. worth a rental but id never buy it....

i agree with crackdown. sweet , underrated game. ive also had a lot of fun playing co-op in the various lego games.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Video Games