Wow... Justin Forsett? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wow... Justin Forsett?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wow... Justin Forsett?

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Little known late draft pick for Seattle explodes for 136 yards and a score on 15 carries last night! :-* Plus, he had about 100 return yards. He's a little guy (5' 8") from Cal...

Could it be he's the real deal? Or did he simply benefit from a bunch of Bears that haven't yet made the team?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wow... Justin Forsett?

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:23 pm

I really liked what this guy did in college, but everything I've heard is just that he's too small and slow to be productive in the NFL. Those guys he was running against in the preseason games were the same guys he was running against in college, not the guys who made 1st string in the NFL.

He looked good to me in college, but most Cal homers say that he was a worse RB than JJ Arrington and we saw how he worked out.

That said, most Minnesota homers said Maroney was 10x the back that Marion Barber was for them...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Shockers » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:56 pm

that is odd, i have only heard minnesota homers say barber was the better man. and that was from day one, not just after last year.
Anyone here collect football cards??? PM me for some great trading sites online.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Yeah, he looks great against 2nd and 3rd stringers. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Free Bagel wrote:That said, most Minnesota homers said Maroney was 10x the back that Marion Barber was for them...

Pfft... Gary Russell FTW... LOL

Seriously though, Maroney was a better back for us... at that time I never remember looking at those two and contemplating who would be the better NFL Prospect... I do clearly remember thinking Maroney was the better RB for us though. I thought they were both gonna be great I guess... but I also thought Darnell Autry was the best thing since sliced bread at one point. Stupid wildcat making a fool of me.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:15 pm

If Forsett was a lot bigger he would be the best fullback in the league.

If he was a little bigger and a little faster he could make it as a halfback in the league.

Unfortunately for him, there really is no 3-4 type offensive systems where hybrid players can flourish. Really small fullbacks just don't make it in the NFL and that is what Forsett is to me. I think the best possible outcome for Forsett is to hang around on one team long enough to grab a Kevin Faulk/Michael Pittman type specialized role.

Right now I would think that he is #4 to get in the game behind Jones, Morris, and Duckett at HB, and even worse Duckett seems to be working at FB as well limiting his chances as a passing catching FB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk