New gal to the Cafe, need pre-draft selection help... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New gal to the Cafe, need pre-draft selection help...

Moderator: Football Moderators

New gal to the Cafe, need pre-draft selection help...

Postby ladyharley » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi there... someone recommended this site to help me. I like what I see so far... however, since this is only my 2nd year in FFL... I'm a little confused...

On the rankings page there is columns after "avg rankings" that I don't understand.

The last one is: M<br>a<br>d<br>a<br>s .... when you take out the <br> (breaks) it spells Madas ??? HELP!

Also, is there any players you suggestion I should put in the "exclude" list?

Last year I had the help of my hubby... this year, I'd like to try to do this on my own. So, any help will be greatly appreciated! ;-D
Thanks, LH! :-D

P.S. Don't be surprised if you say something & I need to ask for clarification... I'm a smart cookie... but sometimes things just don't click when it comes to football! (Though, I am a LOT better than I was last year at this time!!) :-b
P.P.S... what do I set so that I can receive an email when an reply is submitted to my post???
ladyharley
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New gal to the Cafe, need pre-draft selection help...

Postby ladyharley » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:17 pm

I figured out the rankings thing... it's the people (users) that the author had help ranking the players.... It was just confusing looking.

I still would like to know how to set it so I receive email notices that I have a post to my message / thread... I looked in the user account settings & I'm not sure I set it correctly.

Thanks, LH! :)
ladyharley
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:24 pm

Go to:
User Control Panel
Board Preferences
Edit Posting Defaults

Then highlight the radio button that say, "Notify me upon replies by default."

I think that will do it.

Good luck!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby ladyharley » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Thanks JoeJ.... Hopefully that works :)
ladyharley
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dgallegos » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:11 am

It's tough to say, the only thing i can say is that the backs that i am passing on this season will be Steven Jackson, STL. His hold out will likely make him sloppy for the first couple of days and it may not sit well with the teammates that he needs to support him in order to have a stellar year, you could easily pick up Joseph addai, or even Marion barber and skip the drama.

I am also planning on steering clear of Willis McGahee, he may become a solid back later in the season, but he's got offensive line problems not to mention his knee...I think Maurice jones-drew would be a much better option and should still be arround in round 2 to scoop up.

I may also think about picking up Jim Sorgi as a barganing chip if manning can't get on the field and take some reps before the end of the preseason.
dgallegos
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Pats4four » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Darren McFadden would be one and it isn't because he isn't a good player. The problem is that he's being over-valued so people are drafting him before the position where he should be drafted but apart form that, can really think of anyone just yet.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:51 pm

A lot of people at the Cafe would target Jonathan Stewart as the 1st rookie RB off the board - another rookie to grab a little later is Chris Johnson, especially if your league is PPR (awards a point or fractional point for every reception). Problem is these 2 keep getting grabbed earlier and earlier as people get to see them in pre-season. Rookie WR's rarely have much value in their first season, so don't reach for them - ones that are going in the late rounds are James Hardy, Eddie Royal and Donnie Avery. Also it appears RB Rudi Johnson is on the way out in Cincy, or not 100% healthy, so Chris Perry is a good grab from the Bengals.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:02 pm

If you want to selectively choose which threads you get notifications from, scroll all the way down to the footer of the page, and you'll see an option to Subscribe Topic. That way, you'll only receive notifications to the threads you want. This may not seem like much of a distinction when you're new to the Cafe, but when you've posted in dozens of threads, you'll quickly find your inbox full of replies that are from other topics you've visited and not just the ones you seriously want to watch.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Return to Beginner's Forum