I've had enough - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

I've had enough

Moderator: Football Moderators

I've had enough

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:59 pm

Well it's been well documented how GTA4 kept giving me disc read errors on my xbox 360. Well now NFL Head Coach 09 is doing it too. I've had enough. I went ahead and filed a claim for the warranty I bought. I'm kind of hoping they'll just refund my money instead of fixing it so I can buy a PS3. I'm sick and tired of having an un-reliable console.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I've had enough

Postby Manja » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 am

That's weird. I never get any errors from my 360. Of course, I only play Rock Band and Table Tennis. If you do get a refund, the PS3 is completely worth it, if only for the Blu-Ray capabilities. I've never seen anything so crystal clear. And MGS is amazing. And the fact that you can install Ubuntu (Linux) on it.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:53 am

bagobonez wrote:Well it's been well documented how GTA4 kept giving me disc read errors on my xbox 360. Well now NFL Head Coach 09 is doing it too. I've had enough. I went ahead and filed a claim for the warranty I bought. I'm kind of hoping they'll just refund my money instead of fixing it so I can buy a PS3. I'm sick and tired of having an un-reliable console.

That's really weird. I've had no problems with my 360 and neither have my friends. Not a chance you get your money back, so hopefully the problem is repaired. :-°
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guru13 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:28 pm

well, sorry I suggested that you get a 360, put me on the list of people that have had no problems, although I know a friend who just got the red rings for the third time.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:well, sorry I suggested that you get a 360, put me on the list of people that have had no problems, although I know a friend who just got the red rings for the third time.

Don't be sorry, the decision was ultimately up to me and I decided to go cheap instead of going reliable. Lesson learned.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 am

The warranty company has offered to reimburse me the $175 i payed for my 360. I'll probably just keep the money and wait a few months and get a PS3. 1/2 the reason I wanted a new console was for GTA4 and Madden 09/Head Coach 09. I've beaten GTA4 and the new Madden didn't impress me that much anyway. The problem is I now have 2 games and an extra controller that will be useless without the console.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:33 am

bagobonez wrote:The warranty company has offered to reimburse me the $175 i payed for my 360. I'll probably just keep the money and wait a few months and get a PS3. 1/2 the reason I wanted a new console was for GTA4 and Madden 09/Head Coach 09. I've beaten GTA4 and the new Madden didn't impress me that much anyway. The problem is I now have 2 games and an extra controller that will be useless without the console.

eBay! You can prolly get $35-40 for Madden and a decent amount for GTA still. Heck, even the controller would bring a halfway decent price if its in good working condition. You won't get anywhere near retail, but its still money in your pocket! That way you can start saving up for those $100 dual-sided PS3 games that will be coming out eventually ;-) ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
bagobonez wrote:The warranty company has offered to reimburse me the $175 i payed for my 360. I'll probably just keep the money and wait a few months and get a PS3. 1/2 the reason I wanted a new console was for GTA4 and Madden 09/Head Coach 09. I've beaten GTA4 and the new Madden didn't impress me that much anyway. The problem is I now have 2 games and an extra controller that will be useless without the console.

eBay! You can prolly get $35-40 for Madden and a decent amount for GTA still. Heck, even the controller would bring a halfway decent price if its in good working condition. You won't get anywhere near retail, but its still money in your pocket! That way you can start saving up for those $100 dual-sided PS3 games that will be coming out eventually ;-) ;-D

I paid $90 for the madden/head coach combo so I would hope to get at least $70 for it and hopefully at least $40 for GTA4. The controller I paid like $15 for and it was already used so I prob won't get anything for it. Or I might just throw it in with madden or something if i sell it on ebay. Sigh.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby abrage22 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:43 pm

So is head coach 09 only for ps3 and 360???
abrage22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Got my refund for my xbox. Now I'm going to sell Madden and GTA4 on ebay, combine the money, and hopefully get a PS3. Good for nothing Microsoft. I was always a Sony fanboy until the 360 became much more affordable. The old saying is true, you get what you pay for.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Video Games