Where is McFadden being drafted? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where is McFadden being drafted?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Where is McFadden being drafted?

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Oh noes. I'm not in the know. I used his actual initials instead of some dumb nickname given to him as a child. The horror.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DavidD458 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Well guys, I've got a draft in a few hours and I was seriously considering taking McFadden with my first pick (which is the third round after keepers). So he'd be the 28th overall selection. I know it's a reach, but he won't be there most likely on the back end of it. The reason I like him this year is because Oakland is terrible.. The ownership is going to need to showcase their new stud to keep fans in the seats. At the end of the day after a 4-8 start to the season, Justin Fargas isn't going to keep fans in the seats, but Darren McFadden may. I don't know, tough decisions. I want an RB, top choices are...

Barber (will be taken)
MJD
Jamal Lewis
Reggie Bush
Brandon Jacobs
Laurence Maroney
Michael Turner
Darren McFadden

Thoughts?
DavidD458
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:54 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Oh noes. I'm not in the know. I used his actual initials instead of some dumb nickname given to him as a child. The horror.

well now you know :-b

and knowing is half the battle :-) ;-D

treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:10 pm

What about a keeper league? My league can keep two players, but I didn't keep any because Favre was my QB and we had to select our keepers in July. My other keeper options were Rudi Johnson and Boldin, but I decided to start fresh this season, I finished fifth in a 16 team league.

My league is a very active and competitive keeper league, but I have no idea what would be the appropriate time to take McFadden. He's got the talent to be very special, but he'll most likely split carries this season.
Sea Dog Fan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Precise » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:59 pm

I was bored the other day so I decided to sign up for some yahoo public league w/ a live draft.

McFadden got drafted with the 3rd pick of the FIRST round!!! For the record, Tom Brady was taken with the 1st overall pick.
Precise
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Precise wrote:I was bored the other day so I decided to sign up for some yahoo public league w/ a live draft.

McFadden got drafted with the 3rd pick of the FIRST round!!! For the record, Tom Brady was taken with the 1st overall pick.

No info out of a Yahoo Public is useful info to me
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ironcityboy88 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:41 am

AP didn't really start the craze on getting RunDMC early...many people like taking rookie RB's because they want to get the next Barry Sanders/Marshall Faulk/Priest Holmes/insert awesome runner. Heck, a couple years ago we were having the same issues/questions with Reggie Bush. Actually, I would rather take a chance with RunDMC over L.Maroney (who's going to share MORE balls than DMC), J.Lewis (tough Schedule, doesn't catch balls) or Lendale White (big ?). I picked up RunDMC in the 4th round (mid) in my draft this year.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby spodog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:27 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Oh noes. I'm not in the know. I used his actual initials instead of some dumb nickname given to him as a child. The horror.

LMAO.

Go, Huge, Go ! ;-D
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk