Who has impressed you in preseason so far? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who has impressed you in preseason so far?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who has impressed you in preseason so far?

Postby flexnsa » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:52 pm

As I have not been able to watch too many pre-season games I wanted to throw this question out there and maybe get some useful info for my 3 upcoming drafts in the next 8 days.

As for who has impressed me in the few games that I have seen, I would have to say Zach Miller (Oak-TE) Seems that Russel is establishing a good connection with his TE.

I also liked the running ability of Chris Johnson (Tenn-RB) He seems to have good vision and like the way he can hit the holes.

Anyone else have some insight on pre season players of interest?

Sorry, if there is a thread already about this.
flexnsa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who has impressed you in preseason so far?

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:25 pm

Raven Ray Rice looks pretty sharp filling in for McGahee.
Calvin Johnson, aka Megatron, aka Franchise (by me :-b ), aka CJ2 is looking like a top tier WR so far...and getting targeted often.
Some dude named Favre is looking pretty good in Jetland. Don't know much about him, but I am sure espn will pick up on this QBs story soon.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mikus » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:51 pm

I was in the middle of writing a blog post on this topic when I saw this thread. I should get some good ideas out of this one. ;-D

The guy's I have on my list so far:

Chris Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Jay Cutler
Trent Edwards
Robert Meachem
Dustin Keller
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:34 am

Guys impressing the Doc?

1. Ricky Williams, Miami, RB - I'm buying into his recent incarnation, though not as a fantasy starter. Ronnie Brown, if healthy, will get a fair share of touches, so you cannot depend on Williams to tow the load. But, I will say he has impressed me a bit with his drive and desire. Hopefully, he'll provide solid depth for some teams and a great handcuff for Brown owners.

2. Mike Hart, Indianapolis, RB - Everything this guy does, he does at full speed ahead. Great vision, great blocking, great burst through the hole. I've never been a big Addai fan, and Rhodes is someone who is long in the tooth. Hart's a player I would strongly recommend in a dynasty league.

3. Tim Hightower, Arizona, RB - Speaking of dynasty league keepers, anyone else here feel like Hightower is a younger version of teammate Edgerrin James? Just a gut feeling here, but I think he may very well be the future starting tailback of the Cardinals. Has both the strength and speed to make it at the next level. Certainly has a goalline presence about him, too.

4. Calvin Johnson, Detroit, WR - I would have to agree with earlier sentiments from Mooch, Calvin is ready to take the next step forward. I'm not buying into Roy Williams as a #1, but I do believe Megatron has the "it" factor you need to see in a true #1. If he's healthy this season, he's going to have a breakout season in his second year.

5. Josh Morgan, San Francisco, WR - A wideout drafted by the 49ers in the sixth round, Morgan is looking a lot like another late round pick the 49ers made at the receiver spot over a decade ago. Ok, so he's not exactly Terrell Owens yet, but he's damn impressive thus far. Nine receptions for 182 yards and a TD with the first-team offense. I'm a bit wary of the quarterback issues in San Fran, but I love what this kid has shown thus far.

6. Matt Schaub, Houston, QB - Man, he looked sharp on Saturday. 14-16 passing for 187 yards and 2 scores has to open some eyes. The line protected him quite nicely and he and wideout Kevin Walter were on the same page, connecting for 100 yards and a score against the Saints. I wouldn't take Schaub as a starter, but I wouldn't hesitate to take him as a backup with great upside. Imagine the possibilities if Schaub and Andre Johnson could both stay healthy.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:10 am

Broncos RB Andre Hall. That guy runs with wicked determination. Reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew. I could totally see him getting the majority of the snaps in Denver.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:11 am

Chalk me up as another impressed by Calvin Johnson this pre-season. He looks like he is ready to make a Fitzgerald-esque leap in his 2nd season and he is flirting with my Top-10 overall.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:17 am

Keep an eye on Broncos WR Eddie Royal. He has impressed everyone at camp, grabbed the #2 WR spot, returns kicks and punts and had a nice game against the Cowboys on Saturday. He's been undrafted in every mock I have seen.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ssarmstro » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 pm

Justin Forsett - Looks like the best runner in camp. He is the only back consistantly breaking runs. Only problem is it is again 3rd teamers. But He has vision and ability!!!

Tim Hightower - Kid looks good. He has the ability to hit the edge, block and recieve.

Andre Hall - Thinking back to last year, How do you run for over 160 yrds with a high ankel sprain. I like this kid and I think he is better then Young.

Josh Morgan - He looks very good in a poor offense ( I guess I would be higher on him if I was not so down on his QB ( All 3))

Chris Perry - I really like what I saw in the first game. Speed, Power, and the only Rb playmaker.

Felix Jones - This kid will be good. Looks like he is sliding on ice the way he runs

Miles Austin - If Austin can comeback of his injury I think he can find away to push for the #3 spot and be a deep threat.
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dirt McGirt » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:34 pm

Santonio Holmes has looked awesome. I have moved him into my top 10 wrs. He might not deserve that lofty of a pre season ranking but i really think he will be in the top 10 at the end of the year.
Dirt McGirt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:15 pm

DrSpackle wrote:Keep an eye on Broncos WR Eddie Royal. He has impressed everyone at camp, grabbed the #2 WR spot, returns kicks and punts and had a nice game against the Cowboys on Saturday. He's been undrafted in every mock I have seen.

I watched him at Virginia Tech quite a bit and he is lightning fast and pretty talented. If he holds onto that #2 spot in Denver, he will be on the most added list at some point this season.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk