2008 Season Consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 4th and Goal

2008 Season Consolidated

Moderators: LS2throwed, Football Moderators

Re: Confirmed Trades

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:
Canucks_Fantasy wrote:The waivers had already been set up, hence the draft was over. It's your fault you didn't pick, and since you didn't, you passed.

You failed to make your pick. End of story.

What waivers has been set up? Please let me know when this happened.

And who are you? Are you the commish, I'm not really sure why you feel the need to get involved as if what you say goes and thats the end of story.

I'm part of this league. That's why my input matters.

A commish has already commented on this, and stated exactly what I have. The waiver wire has already been established, which means to me that the draft is over. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Everyone's input matters and is absolutely appreciated. The more the owners stay involved and voice their opinions, the better this league can be. ;-D

As for this situation, I look at it as a good learning process with fault on several sides(most of it mine, I guess?).
- First, when it was my turn to pick at 4.10, there was no one I could think of who I wanted more than the least wanted person on my team... so, I made my open ended offer of a trade of 4.10 for a 2009 4th round pick.
- Next, I am involved in so, so, too many leagues all of which seemed to be drafting at the same time, that I just plain forgot all about my 4.10 pick. If I'd have remembered about it, I would have been all over drafting Henry when he was signed by Cin.
- Then, if and when the draft officially ended, one of us commishes should have locked the draft thread, so no more picks could be made in it.
- When LS2 contacted me via PM and said he had accepted my trade offer which I had previously listed, my response was that that was fine as long as no one else had already accepted it. I had to go and check this draftroom to even remember to what LS2 had been referring.
- Finally, I am probably the only one who is happy with whatever final decision is made since the only outcome will mean that either I end up with Henry, a 4th round pick in 2009 and second Waiver priority, or when Cannuck takes Henry, the number one waiver priority till that can't miss FA swims down the pool. :-D

The worse part is that whatever is decided, someone isn't going to be happy, and for that I am sorry. :,-(
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby busby » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:55 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:Anyways, whatever you guys decide is fine by me.

Moving on.

I get:
Peyton Manning
2009 2nd Rounder

Jake7 gets:
Felix Jones
Steve Slaton
2009 1st rounder
2009 3rd rounder

It's been accepted on the other site.

This trade is accepted.
Cafe leagues
Any Given Dynasty (4th year) 2-2
Kind of a Big Deal (3rd year) 2-2
4th and Goal Dynasty (2nd year) 2-2
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby busby » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:26 am

I have been waiting for everyone to cool on the 4.10 issue a little bit before making a post about the topic. I have talked to the other commishes, and I want to explain the thought process behind this decision. I also want to apologize to LS2, who certainly never did anything inappropriate and who I recognize was just trying to do whatever possible to improve his team within the rules.

First, two clarifications.

1) The draft was never "officially" declared over by one of the commishes, although the owner who picked 4.12 did post that the draft was finished and no one disputed this (or took action for over a week.)

2) The waiver order had not been established at the time that LS2 posted his pick. We were in discussion, but I did not finalize it with the randomizer until the day after the incident.

This being said, here are the reasons why the trade was not allowed.

1) Although the draft was not "officially" declared over, I think it is obvious that there was a clear and tacit understanding among all league members that our draft had concluded. No one mentioned the draft for a week. Maves had made a post on the cafe about finalizing rosters both on here and on fleaflicker. I had made a post about not picking up any more players until waiver procedures could be finalized. All mods and all members of this league were operating on an assumption that this draft had concluded.

2) This league is new, and the rules have not had time to solidify. While I understood the logic behind LS2's attempt I did not want to risk unsettling the league because of a mistake that I had made myself - namely, to have moved on to other tasks operating on the assumption that the draft had concluded, when it had not "officially" been stated as so. In vetoing the trade, nobody loses: no one is worse off than they were before. LS2 was always going to have to wait until waivers to add an extra player. Maves was always going to have his 4.10 pick forfeited (he admitted that he had even forgotten about it completely.) There is certainly an element here for which we can say that LS2 is the victim, for which I am sorry, but no one is substantively harmed.

3) Maves trade offer was highly unusual and, to me at least, unprecedented in any of my other leagues. Estimating when something like this should expire when it has previously been forgotten was impossible.

I want this league to be competitive, feisty, friendly and fair. This was a kink that unfortunately had to clog before it could be fixed.
Cafe leagues
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:35 pm

Hey its all good, I was just waiting to hear from the Commish(Busby) on how to handle the matter, not someone else acting as if they had some sort of power over the situation, it's not that everyone in this league isn't entitled to their own input, but they certainly don't have the right to address the issue before the commish and pass judgements as if they have some sort of power...I'm just waiting to hear how the waiver system is actually going to work and when its going to be implemented...Thanks for the clarification Busby.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:37 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Hey its all good, I was just waiting to hear from the Commish(Busby) on how to handle the matter, not someone else acting as if they had some sort of power over the situation, it's not that everyone in this league isn't entitled to their own input, but they certainly don't have the right to address the issue before the commish and pass judgements as if they have some sort of power...I'm just waiting to hear how the waiver system is actually going to work and when its going to be implemented...Thanks for the clarification Busby.

So I'm not allowed to address an issue or post my opinion, but I'm allowed input? And what input might that be?

That was a very very long sentence by the way.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:34 am

I was judging more by comments like "You failed to make your pick. End of story." Or "The draft was over. Pick doesn't count, doesn't matter who it is...Just the way you came bouncing into the thread, you didn't say "I'm pretty sure the draft was over a long time ago, I don't think that pick should count", thats 'input', just offering your opinion...You were addressing the situation as if you were the commish and what you say goes, we don't need to ask anyone else because you said 'end of story', so lets just roll with what you said...I'm glad Maves pointed out you had the #1 waiver priority because now I don't have to ask the question of why are you so concerned ;-D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:45 pm

Hehe, looks like we got our first heated rivalry. :-D ;-D

Maybe we'll all get lucky to watch LS2's and Cannuck's teams do battle after the 4th game of the year when Henry's suspension is up. }:-)
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Re: waivers/free agents and initial waiver wire order

Postby busby » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Okay, I have not been able to set up waivers on fleaflicker before the season starts, so I agree that we can do one week of waivers manually on the cafe before week 1.

Here is how this will work:

1. All waiver requests must be PM'ed to both myself and Maves (Maves, I will handle all the processing, I just want you to have a record so that everything is fully transparent.) The deadline for receiving your requests will be 11:59 pm Tuesday night Eastern Time.

2. Please PM in the following format:

Priority 1: Add - Shaun Alexander, Seattle Seahawks, Drop (if necessary) - Chris Brown, Houston Texans.
Priority 2: ....

Your priority 2 player will automatically be selected as your first priority if your higher ranked player was previously selected, and etc.

If you choose to make player acquistions during this process, you will lose your waiver priority. For example, if priority owners number 1, 2, 5, and 7 add players to their roster, everyone not picking will be bumped up accordingly. Former #1 will automatically be the new #12, #2 will become # 11, #5 will become #10, and #7 will become #9.

If a mod wishes to make an add/drop, they must PM another mod to confirm before the deadline.

After this week's manual acquistions, free agents will still be locked. I am not willing to open things up as a free for all before the fleaflicker site is ready to process waiver automatically. So, this will be the only chance you have to make changes to your roster before the end of week 1's games.
Cafe leagues
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby busby » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 am

First round of waivers has been processed and the new waiver wire has been posted.

Next week, everything will be run through the site.
Cafe leagues
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:05 am

Oh. I missed this.

Oh well... :-b