List of Opponents' Ranks vs. Run/Pass? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

List of Opponents' Ranks vs. Run/Pass?

Moderator: Football Moderators

List of Opponents' Ranks vs. Run/Pass?

Postby bstock123 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Anyone know where I can find a good website that has a list of opponents ranks vs. the run and vs. the pass? So a little more detailed than just a SOS list. Those kinds of things can make the difference when you're torn between a couple close players.
bstock123
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: List of Opponents' Ranks vs. Run/Pass?

Postby FatFoot » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Way too early to have any sort of reliable data. I wouldn't trust any site's information about that. Maybe someone here will suggest some sites, or disagree... so consider this a bump.

IMHO You have to go by last year's performance + new additions to the team + new coaching + returning healthy players + (or -) players who are no longer there.

All you can go on right now is just the obvious stuff. The "blob" teams (local sports radio term for the majority of teams, which are all just sort of "okay") are still a question mark. Ranking Run/Pass defense really doesn't become trustworthy until the season is in full swing.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby bstock123 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:38 am

That's what I meant. I know these sorts of lists, like strength of schedule, are to be taken with a grain of salt. Obviously we have no stats from this year. But I've seen lists before where they compile a team's schedule vs. run defense / pass defense based on how the defenses finished last year. Like, I believe I heard that San Diego has the most difficult schedule vs. the pass this year (based on their opponents play vs. the pass last year). Just haven't been able to find a good list this year.
bstock123
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:21 am

Sure, but just to play devil's advocate, the Bears D was something like 27th against the run last year. This year they're all healthy. So if it's based on last years results, this year should be dramatically different. But I do understand what you're looking for and why. Good luck! ;-D
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk