Falcons Fantasy Preview

Moderator: Football Moderators

Falcons Fantasy Preview

Postby The Lung » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:21 pm

From: http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/experts/brad-pinkerton/20080815.html

Falcons: Under construction
Aug. 15, 2008

WHAT'S NEW

What's new in Atlanta this year? Well, pretty much everything.

There's a new head coach, a new defensive coordinator, a new offensive coordinator, a new starting running back and there could even be a new starting quarterback if rookie Matt Ryan continues to impress during the preseason. That's a lot of turnover for one offseason, but will that translate into different results on the field after a dismal 4-12 season? Probably not.

There is simply too much newness to expect the Falcons to jell right away and produce reliable fantasy players. And the fantasy starters they do have -- RB Michael Turner and WR Roddy White -- are surrounded by too much uncertainty to select confidently on draft day. Turner, while talented and lightning fast, has never been the featured back, and White's surprising stats from '07 scream one-hit wonder.

Because it's my job, I'm going to continue writing this preview. But to save you some time, my simple advice is to avoid Falcons players on draft day. Otherwise, you could be doomed to a long, frustrating season -- just like Atlanta.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Atlanta Falcons