Head Scratcher (news story) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Head Scratcher (news story)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Head Scratcher (news story)

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm kinda inclined to agree with HHF assuming it was consensual, although this all may mean nothing if the baby ends up with the boy instead.

I'm a little lost as far as why we're using these sign-offs and I approve this message. :-B
Last edited by steelerfan513 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:51 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Well, I got alittle bit different take on this. Maybe it's because I was a child of a single parent whose father took off and my mother got no help from him. I also am the husband of a woman with a chikd from a previous marrage whose ex does not pay his child support regularly.

I don't have a problem with the kid paying child support. I very seriously doubt if the 15 year old had to be tied down and actually forced to have sex with her. At 15 you should know the potential consequences of sex, a baby being one of them. If he didn't then blaime the situation on his parents for not at least having a few convesations with him.

50 bucks child support is nothing. Tell the 16 year old to get a job and support his child. Take the rest of the money he is earning and get his baby out of the abusers home, if thats where the baby is. I have absolutely zero tolerance for ANYONE who tried to get out of supporting thier child. And yes that includes a 16 year old. If I found out that someone I knew was hiding out to avoid paying child support, I would narc that person out as quick as I could find a phone and the number to the state attorny general's office. I have more sympathy for the fly that hit my windshield on the way to work this morning.

As far as the girl being charged with a crime, thats a whole different issue. Unless in court it is shown that she physically forced herself on him, If I was a juror I would have to say not guilty.

Interesting take and I don't really disagree with anything, but a few points to ponder:

She's facing 18 months in jail and having to register as a sex offender for the next 25 years, so I'm curious as to how/why a judge allowed a sexual predator (according to the law) to have custody of a kid. :-?

I'm also curious as to what the youngest person to be court ordered to pay child support is. This kid is 16 and they didn't mention a landmark decision, first of its kind, or anything like that, so I'm guessing another minor (child) out there somewhere has been ordered to pay child support in a seperate case? :-?

And of course the obvious weirdness of the victim being punished comes to mind. I mean one can argue there's no way the boy wasn't willing, but by law he is the victim, so why was he court ordered to pay child support to the sexual predator? 8-o :-o :-?

The whole thing is goofy to me. :-S

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:55 pm

RiffRaff wrote:You think that is weird. Role Reverse and see what happens.

Agreed. Adult male molestes underage girl, gets the baby, and then she (the victim) has to pay child support.

That would be even crazier than this story, and I didn't think that was possible. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Madison wrote:
That would be even crazier than this story, and I didn't think that was possible. :-b

This is proof that we will always have a double standard and that there should be a double standard. :-?

Or how I like to state it, "Isn't it great to be a man?" :-°
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby danleroi22 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:Bizarre... wrong... like everything else I see proves, we live in a sick world sometimes.
On the bright side, maybe this will teach him not to screw around with girls four years older than him while he's only in his teens.

just to be fair,I can't say I would've acted any differently, I could try to say no, but if she was a real looker, it'd be tough.

I agree... it could be hard for the guy... but honestly... he's got to undertsand the consequences of his actions... I actually feel really bad for him, because now he's got a pretty crazy problem for a 15 year old to deal with. Not trying to be hard on him, but I hope he does learn from it, and not toss it aside like some would.
Sorry if my response seems harsh. It''s certainly possible I would have reacted the same way if I were him if the girl would good lookin... but then again, I would still have to face it. I sympathize with the kid... wish this hadn't happened, and seriously hope this works out for good things in his life.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:17 am

I don't think this was handled incorrectly. Both parties learn a lesson in responsibility, the adult with the stricter of the 2.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:52 am

I don't see the problem.

I'm Bill Clinton and I approve this message.

;-7 :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:I don't see the problem.

I'm Bill Clinton and I approve this message.

;-7 :-b

that's fantastic. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I don't think this was handled incorrectly. Both parties learn a lesson in responsibility, the adult with the stricter of the 2.

would you say the same with Madison's role reversal? :-?

Madison wrote:
Adult male molestes underage girl, gets the baby, and then she (the victim) has to pay child support.

If we all want equality you would have to say YES. :-*
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:02 pm

RiffRaff wrote: you would have to say YES. :-*

saying 'yes' is what caused all this to begin with. ;-7

DON'T have sex. It will only lead to children who have to put up with parents smoking in the car with them and sending them to schools where teachers pack heat

I'm Joycelyn Elders, and I approve this message. Could someone please tell C. Everett Koop to return my cotton knickers?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk