Breakout WRs this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Breakout WRs this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Breakout WRs this year?

Postby J.C.Fighter » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Dolfin99 wrote:Ginn - Started coming on late last season and with a solid QB (finally) Ginn should have a breakout year as the #1 in Miami even though they are a run first team.

Who, Pennington? I'm not so sure he's going to have much of an impact on Ginn's season, to be honest.

I say solid based on the quality of QB's that the Dolphins have had since Marion retired:

Damon Huard
Jay Fiedler
Gus Frerotte
Cleo Lemon
Joey Harrington
John Beck

Pennington is an upgrade over the QB's listed above.

And all those guys have stronger arms than Pennington. Ted Ginn's greatest asset is getting deep down the field , I doubt Pennington can help him there..
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DemonDeacon » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:01 pm

3 of my predictions have come true in the last 2 years and payed off in a big way. I called out Moss last year as well as Cotchery (im calling for even bigger numbers for Cotch this year) and a little sleeper named Donte Stallworth when he went to Philly. Stallworth did get hurt but hes one of the man reasons why my #1 sleeper this year is DeSean Jackson. Kid has lightning speed and enough heart to go across the middle as well. I honestly thought he was working his way to the #2 spot even before Curtis got hurt. Now hes a starter by default. A lot about the NFL is opportunity and making the best of it. Look out for him this year.

As for Rice... i really dont expect a whole lot. I do have to admit i love it when people try to act like they know more about a Team and its personel then the actual coach does... but theres a Reason Rice didnt play much last year... as almost ALL rookie WRs do. Playbook, level of competition and route running. Simple as that. If you dont run the right route or know the play your useless regaurdless of your ability. With TJack as QB and the Dynamic Duo of Chester and AP (i refuse to call him AD intill he can actually go a season w/o being hurt) and with the addition of Berrian... i just dont see a place for Rice to shine. Goal lines... maybe. But with those RB and a QB like TJack you think there going to lob it to a 2nd yr unproven WR over 2 explosive RBs?!?!? not likely.

DeSean Jackson
Vincent Jackson
Marvin Harrison not much of a sleeper really... but i think he returns to form with 1100+yds and 8-10tds
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 pm

Anxiously awaiting Treat's response.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Munboy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:41 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:
Dolfin99 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Who, Pennington? I'm not so sure he's going to have much of an impact on Ginn's season, to be honest.

I say solid based on the quality of QB's that the Dolphins have had since Marion retired:

Damon Huard
Jay Fiedler
Gus Frerotte
Cleo Lemon
Joey Harrington
John Beck

Pennington is an upgrade over the QB's listed above.

And all those guys have stronger arms than Pennington. Ted Ginn's greatest asset is getting deep down the field , I doubt Pennington can help him there..

Actually, Penny and Ginn JR had a good connection in their last preseason game. Ginn JR proved he was more than just going deep, running some good routes and making some good catches on short to medium yard plays. Sure Penny doesn't have the strongest arm in the league, but he can still make most of the long throws. Everybody's always down on his arm strength, but I've seen him make some deep throws in game. I've also seen him zip the ball in there on short throws.

Besides, their's more to being a good QB than just arm strength. He's smart with the ball and he's accurate. That's more than can be said about those other QBs. Look for Ginn to break out this year!
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk