Middle round pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Middle round pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Middle round pick

Postby jfg » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm finally getting around to my prep for my money league this Saturday. Are the 4th-6th picks just awful or what? You're looking at big risks at RB with holdouts and guys who could be past their prime or an elite QB and crappy RB's. Championships are won in season but I've gotta think that drafting in one of those spots puts you at a big disadvantage right out of the gate. I've always felt the middle is the worst spot to pick but I feel helpless at #5 this year!
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Middle round pick

Postby Finatical » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:50 pm

I've got to agree 100% here as I was just thinking the same thing with the #5 spot in a mock. The ends of the draft rotation have the advantage this year.
Finatical
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:57 pm

I think thats the best spot you can be in, if you don't want to risk a Steven Jackson you could have a great RB1 in Marshawn Lynch(who they have been stressing is a 3 down back and will be more involved in the passing game) and MBII who has been a TD machine, and now gets the starts...Thing I like about the middle is you don't miss out on a run in the middle, if I want Chris Johnson and I see someone reach for Felix Jones I will be able to grab CJ coming back around, sitting on the turn you have a long time before a pick, so if a run on an position happens you may miss out...
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jfg » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:16 pm

I don't see how you could get Lynch and Barber. Is that what you meant? What I'm looking at with the #5 in a 10 team nonetheless is maybe Jackson or else Gore or Brady and on the wrap around getting Bush, Drew or Lewis or a wideout (but then your RB2 is going to be looking really bad).
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk