Free Live Scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Free Live Scoring

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free Live Scoring

Postby dgallegos » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:58 pm

What's up. I'm new to fantasy cafe. I just joined a league at work and the comissioner is using Yahoo. I'm not sure if i want to spring for the premium service that provides live scoring. My question is twofold, 1 is it worth it to get the live scoring and if so is there a site online that will allow you to upload your roster and get live scoring without having to pay for it...i know i'm a cheap ass but any advice on this matter would be awesome thanks!
dgallegos
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Free Live Scoring

Postby peterparker » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:21 pm

I remember seeing a website or program that could do it last year, I don't remember what it was called and couldn't get it to work, but they do exist. I don't think it's worth it to pay for the service; it's easy enough to just glance at game results and estimate points totals.
peterparker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:12 pm

We use the free Yahoo service and then I pay $10 for my team to have live scoring. It's worth it to me. Especially when it all comes down to the MNF game. I want to know exactly how many points I'm up or down by. And that's a lot of math when u add in PPR, QB completions at .5 points, etc.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby RCR » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:15 pm

For what it's worth, live scoring is free on ESPN. Worked great last year with minimal problems.
RCR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:12 pm

RCR wrote:For what it's worth, live scoring is free on ESPN. Worked great last year with minimal problems.

There are a number of sites with free scoring and that are better than Yahoo, they have better customizations and better overall experience.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby mariners100 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:18 pm

That program was Statfink and I had it working for like one day... too much damn work though.
ESPN is free scoring and so is flea flicker. Use one of those.

BTW, if anyone wants the link to Statfink... here you go http://sourceforge.net/projects/statfink/
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Beginner's Forum