Jerry Rice pimping fantasy Football on ESPN (terribly!) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerry Rice pimping fantasy Football on ESPN (terribly!)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jerry Rice pimping fantasy Football on ESPN (terribly!)

Postby dmacblue » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Let me start by saying, i greatly respect Rice as a player and as a person, seems a genuine nice guy in an era of many buttholes.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut;

Dana Jacobson talking to him about fantasy football and the new site is endorsing.

She asked who he'd take #1 and he stumbled and finally said he couldnt tip his hand, and come challenge him online man to man etc etc etc

When pressed, he narrowed it to Brady, Peyton and Favre 8-o

I just think if you are gonna take the cash to endorse a subject, at least read up on before going on live TV :-t

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Re: Jerry Rice pimping fantasy Football on ESPN (terribly!)

Postby treat24 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:48 pm

dmacblue wrote:Let me start by saying, i greatly respect Rice as a player and as a person, seems a genuine nice guy in an era of many buttholes.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut;

Dana Jacobson talking to him about fantasy football and the new site is endorsing.

She asked who he'd take #1 and he stumbled and finally said he couldnt tip his hand, and come challenge him online man to man etc etc etc

When pressed, he narrowed it to Brady, Peyton and Favre 8-o

I just think if you are gonna take the cash to endorse a subject, at least read up on before going on live TV :-t

I almost posted this earlier this morning... being a vike guy... I'm kind of looking for him to say AD, then he says those names.

Dana replies "adrian peterson" statements... and rice says, but you need a QB. The guy does not know fantasy football, I'd challenge him... IF it was really him... LOL
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:02 pm

If he doesn't play fantasy football that much it's understandable that he'd name a stud QB. To a player they would see the best QB as being one of the most important players in the league...he's probably thinking how the best QBs (Peyton/Brady) lead their teams to the Super Bowl, and they have a ton of nice passing stats. Not sure why Favre came up though, he's had a great career but right now he's not on the same level as Brady/Peyton.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:06 pm

Maybe he said all this 1st overall so that a ton of fantasy people think Jerry doesn't know crap about fantasy football and go to his site to challenge him... marketing :-D :-? 8-o :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby dmacblue » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:56 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:If he doesn't play fantasy football that much it's understandable that he'd name a stud QB. To a player they would see the best QB as being one of the most important players in the league...he's probably thinking how the best QBs (Peyton/Brady) lead their teams to the Super Bowl, and they have a ton of nice passing stats. Not sure why Favre came up though, he's had a great career but right now he's not on the same level as Brady/Peyton.

Just think if he is gonna be the mouth and face of a product he owes it to HIMSELF to at least know the current basics. Seemed like he cahsed the pay check when it arrived and got a 5 second brief before coming on TV.

Its kinda like me, just cos i pulled every smokin hot piece of stuff in a skirt back in the 80's, doesnt mean I could tell kids today how to do it buy sliding on some old Barry White stuff after a steak dinner :-b :-b

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Return to Football Talk