Understanding Larry Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Understanding Larry Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Understanding Larry Johnson

Postby Retet » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:59 am

What do people think of LJ this year? I've seen only highlights of he pre-season performances and thus far he looks pretty good. And he's still one of the few RBs who looks to be an every-down back. Any thoughts from the KC faithful?

Thanks!
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Understanding Larry Johnson

Postby mikus » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:00 am

He could have one more elite season in him, but it will be tough. Hopefully the Chiefs get some kind of consistency from the offensive line and passing game.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:07 am

He is one of the few backs guaranteed to get a ton of work (barring injury), he would make a good RB2.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:10 am

Their o-line isn't much better, but people seem to forget what Larry Johnson did last year when he played.

8 games. 745 total yards. 30 receptions. 4 total TD's.

So assuming he could do that for the other 8 games, Larry would have had just under 1,500 total yards and 8 TD's. Obviously not the stats that support his draft position last year, but those stats make him a great #2 RB option. The only thing I would worry about is if they over-use him, which could make him more prone to injury. But, I'd take the chance, especially in PPR leagues. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm

herm has come out and said that he will not get the work load they put on him in the last couple years. he said he would be lucky to get 30 carries a game this year instead of the 35 plusish he got in the past. with smith and charles in the backfield as support he should not get overworked this year. he should be a solid #2 back this year.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm

I think he's getting underrated. Remember, 2 or the last 3 years he's put together awesome seasons. Maybe they don't have the O-Line but he's definitely got the potential. He's in no worse a situation than say Steven Jackson or Frank Gore.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:48 pm

I would love to start him as my RB2 every week...Some guys are starting MJD as their RB1, I'll take my chances on LJ and his workload as a RB2 knowing not that long ago he was a consensus top 3 pick, he doesn't have that many miles on him because he was behind Priest for a long time...He certainly is a risk, but he is going to garner enough carries/looks in that offense to warrant that position, he's certainly not old even for RB's standards.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:44 am

LS2throwed wrote:I would love to start him as my RB2 every week...Some guys are starting MJD as their RB1, I'll take my chances on LJ and his workload as a RB2 knowing not that long ago he was a consensus top 3 pick, he doesn't have that many miles on him because he was behind Priest for a long time...He certainly is a risk, but he is going to garner enough carries/looks in that offense to warrant that position, he's certainly not old even for RB's standards.

I'm gonna 1 up you and say I'd start him as my RB1. He's probably the only guy in the 2nd round that has a very legitimate shot of putting up top 5 RB numbers.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk