Moderator: Football Moderators

Clinton Portis...

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:45 pm

...interesting piece on his new work ethic:

Redskins: Portis changes approach
Running back doesn't take football for granted
David Elfin (Contact)
Thursday, August 21, 2008

Clinton Portis used to take football for granted. He tolerated training camp and ignored the preseason.

Not anymore.

Twelve days shy of his 27th birthday, Portis has a new approach to football - and not just because the Washington Redskins reworked his contract to ensure he would attend the offseason conditioning program and organized team activities.

"I don't think reworking my contract made me be here," the running back said Wednesday in an exclusive interview with The Washington Times. "It was the idea of wanting to be here. Maybe I've got five or six years left in me. Can I sacrifice partying and traveling for five or six years to focus on what I got to do, get where I want to get and secure my money? When I hit 32 or 33, I can travel wherever I want and go to any party I want to."

Portis said the shooting death of college and Redskins teammate Sean Taylor in November also changed his outlook about his job and his role in Washington.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... -approach/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk