Thumbs down on Stanton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Thumbs down on Stanton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thumbs down on Stanton

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:08 pm

Durable Drew Stanton is going to miss 4 weeks due to a sprained ligament in his right thumb, according to Killer Kowalski on MLive. Link:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/08/lions_stanton_sidelined_for_fo.html

sprained ligament in his right thumb is expected to sideline Detroit Lions quarterback Drew Stanton for the first three games of the regular season. The Lions have a bye in the fourth week and Stanton, the team's No. 3 quarterback, is expected to return after that.

Stanton jammed his thumb into another player's shoulder pad during Thursday's workout. He was recently examined by team physican Dr. Kyle Anderson.

"There's no fracture and no surgery is indicated,'' Lions athletic trainer Dean Kleinschmidt said. "The treatment is to immobilize it so he's in a cast for four weeks.

Good thing I am not one to say I told you so...
Seriously though, speedy recovery Drew.
Last edited by moochman on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thumbs down on Staton

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:36 pm

moochman wrote:Durable Drew Staton is going to miss 4 weeks due to a sprained ligament in his right thumb, according to Killer Kowalski on MLive. Link:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/08/lions_stanton_sidelined_for_fo.html

sprained ligament in his right thumb is expected to sideline Detroit Lions quarterback Drew Stanton for the first three games of the regular season. The Lions have a bye in the fourth week and Stanton, the team's No. 3 quarterback, is expected to return after that.

Stanton jammed his thumb into another player's shoulder pad during Thursday's workout. He was recently examined by team physican Dr. Kyle Anderson.

"There's no fracture and no surgery is indicated,'' Lions athletic trainer Dean Kleinschmidt said. "The treatment is to immobilize it so he's in a cast for four weeks.

I saw a headline yesterday and thought...figures. This guy can not stay healthy to save his life.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:28 pm

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:Durable Drew Staton is going to miss 4 weeks due to a sprained ligament in his right thumb, according to Killer Kowalski on MLive. Link:

I saw a headline yesterday and thought...figures. This guy can not stay healthy to save his life.

yeah, but it's not like we spent an early 2nd rounder on him and are planning for him to be our QB of the future...oh wait :-/
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:41 am

Let's just stop drafting from Michigan State. Seems to be a trend with injuries. :-b

But, it looks like they've found a short term replacement. But, who knows, might be a full time replacement.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:13 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:Let's just stop drafting from Michigan State. Seems to be a trend with injuries. :-b

But, it looks like they've found a short term replacement. But, who knows, might be a full time replacement.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

YAYYYY U of M :^
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:37 am

What the heck, wasn't there any X-Buc QBs floating around?

Again the falseness of NimRod. He wants players that eat and breathe football, yet he grabs a QB who chose to try and play baseball over football. Drew Henson-the man who had it all and did so little with it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:23 am

Stanton, not Staton! ;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Detroit Lions