Rickey Jackson HOF Petition Online - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rickey Jackson HOF Petition Online

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rickey Jackson HOF Petition Online

Postby nola_saint » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:10 pm

If you are fan of football and great players, please read this online petition and sign it if you feel like throwing in your support for one of the great overlooked NFL players to step on the field. ;-D

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/RickeyForTheHall
Last edited by nola_saint on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nola_saint
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ricky Jackson HOF Petition Online

Postby mikus » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:24 pm

Amen. Not to sound like a homer, but Jackson has numbers equal or superior to several of the linebackers already in the Hall of Fame, including a guy inducted this year.

I know he has his share of off-the-field troubles as a deadbeat dad, but I think his on-field performance warrants a spot in the HOF. He could have done much worse things off the field (see Lawrence Taylor).
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby nola_saint » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:14 pm

mikus wrote:I know he has his share of off-the-field troubles as a deadbeat dad, but I think his on-field performance warrants a spot in the HOF. He could have done much worse things off the field (see Lawrence Taylor).

how about michael irvin? (sniff, sniff....are you an undercover cop?)
or paul hornung betting on games with alex karas!!!!
nola_saint
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby nola_saint » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:28 pm

bump for #57!!!!
nola_saint
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Rickey Jackson HOF Petition Online

Postby nola_saint » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:57 pm

slowly but surely, anyone else feel like helping a good player?
nola_saint
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:39 am

Not sure this needs to be bumped again. You have 4 of the now 6 posts in this thread. You have the site in your sig which is more than enough. Not so sure getting these signatures is even going to do anything, but at least you are ahead of this one:
I am seeking 1,000 Jonas Brothers fans to sign this petition. Miley Cyrus was just placed in Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, I believe the Jonas Brothers should be placed in there as well. If you agree please sign the petition. The Jonas Brothers would be very grateful.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Yeah, seriously doubt a petition helps someone get into the HoF. I hate the LT comparisons and even the Irvin ones. LT's career was littered with alcohol and drug abuse but he was abusing himself and has risen above his past. Same case can be made for Irvin.

The real issue with Jackson is that few people, outside of Saints fans, want to see this guy's acceptance speech and to see him representing the NFL. Is this right? Maybe not but being a deadbeat dad of the magnitude that Jackson is is not even in the same ballpark as LT and Irvin's self-destructive natures.

If I had a vote I'd probably put him through but I can't say I blame the committee for not.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nola_saint » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:51 pm

I'll make this my last post but......
The HOF encourages fans to not only nominate players on their own, but to show support in any way they wish, hence the petition. I figure a petition showing one thousand signatures from fans (so far in 4 countries and 27 states) shows that football fans appreciate what he did as a player. I'm a fan what can I say, and I thought it would be fun (and funny) to start a petition.
The money he owes in child support was based off his NFL pay, which was in the millions, so it is skewed, and it has not increased, he just has to pay it off. One missed payment could total thousands of dollars, I mean, Strahan pays like 10K a month plus a yearly sum. Anyway.
The argument for LT and Irvin is way off I think. Did they really just abuse themselves? What about the 70 thousand fans that packed stadiums to see those guys play, the kids that looked up to them only to hear them be arrested for drugs. I'm sure they were'nt affected in any way, or their respective families, their own children. I will say this, Irvin was way more of a disgrace personally than Rickey or LT, the dude rented a house in Dallas so he and other players get get hookers and party and do blow in privacy, that is a fact. Finding Jesus doesn't make it better, sorry.
So if the NFL can look past that, then all I am saying is, the numbers speak for themselves.
Like I said, I am done posting on this subject here at this site, I just wanted to keep the early signing momentum going before people are buried into the football season, since the deadline for this is Superbowl weekend when the committe meets.
nola_saint
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk