Funny Fantasy Football Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Funny Fantasy Football Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Draft

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:37 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:My personal opinion about this kinda stuff is that if you are not personally impacted, it really shouldn't matter.

I normally agree with you on a lot of things Herd, but this has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on these boards. I'm glad, and I'm sure millions of charity beneficiaries are glad, that most don't share your opinions regarding this.

There are probably very few that are of my political views in these united states and prolly the rest of the world. AS far as the paticular topis is concerned the only people who would be impacted are those in the FF league and those little people (female) would chose to awnser the ad. ASo I don't see how it could affect anyone other than those few. If the action affected others not directly involved then yes I would agree that it was not only not funny but deplorable, but it does not.

That statement was more of a political bent of mine. There are charities that I give money to that don't impact me directly. They are things that I personally agree with. Just because a person is not personally affected by something does not mean they cannot give to a charity they believe in from a personal level. Just doesn't mean I have to endorse what someone else believes in. There was a point I was trying to make that I guess got missed due to the recent discussion mentioned below.

The point I was trying to make was live and let live and unless it affects you personally there is no need to get your panies in a wad.

I have a son who is mentally handicapped and don't get upset when people talk about the "short bus" or other similar comments, cause they in most cases don't mean any disrespect. Should I be inclined to believe they did mean disrespect to the mentally hadicapped, I would blast them to the point I would probably be perminantly barred. If they are saying something to make a joke, I have not problem with it. All humor makes fun of something or somebody. And anyone who disagrees with that statement I would chalenge them to find anything that gave them a good laugh that did not poke fun at some-one or something -- post it here.

I made the response shortly after having a discussion with my 13 year old about politics and kinda interjected my political philosphy into how or goverment works vs how I think it should work. Its amaizing sometimes about how our children can make us think and try to lead them to being a good productive person as they grow to be adults.

I used two examples with him:

1 nobody has the right to tell me that I don't have the right to keep a gun in our house to protect our family and our belongings. Since unless they are the people tring to take it away from me it has no affect on them. There are however some limits to what kinds of guns individuals should own but does not include pistols, rifles or shotguns. It does include military type assult weapons.

The other is the other end of the scale.

2. Even though I am personally against abortion, If others that aren't against abortion choose to have one with the discussion and approval of those personnally affected by it, I don't have the right to tell them no. I brought up the request of my brother several years ago to borrow the money for his girlfriend to have an abortion. I declined to lend him the money due to me disagreeing with him on the abortion issue, but I absolutely do not hold it against him or his now wife for finding the money elsewhere and having the abortion.

My son and I talked for close to 2 hours on this subject. Its amazing what your kids can and want to understand vs what we were focused on at that age 30+ years ago. times are much different now.

I still think the advertisement is hilarious.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:30 am

8-o
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 am

Funny or not... I don't see the point in posting it.
In fact, I never see the point in making fun of people who a different, even if it is funny.
Aren't there other ways to get laughs? :-?
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 am

I didn't find it incredibly funny, but I don't really think it's offensive.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:07 am

Would those that find it offensive still find it offensive if it was just a request for any female rather than a little person?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 am

lmcjaho wrote:Would those that find it offensive still find it offensive if it was just a request for any female rather than a little person?

depends what they asked of her
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:49 am

Offensive? Nah not really. Funny? There really wasn't enough comic elements in there so it was just kinda bleh. Dumb? Completely. :-?

Really the writer failed in whatever his intentions were.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:54 am

It's the Internet. People write weird stuff on the Internet.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Your duties will be to make sure none of us run out of frosty beverages, to keep track of players taken on an oversized draft board (step stool included)

:-b :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
Your duties will be to make sure none of us run out of frosty beverages, to keep track of players taken on an oversized draft board (step stool included)

:-b :-b

Who are you?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk