Quaterback or Team Quarterback: Which You Prefer? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Quaterback or Team Quarterback: Which You Prefer?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quaterback or Team Quarterback: Which You Prefer?

Postby TomBrooklyn » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:28 am

ESPN offers the option of using a(n) Quarterback(s) or a Team Quarterback(s). With the Team Quarterback option, you don't pick individual Quarterbacks--you pick a team and get all their Quarterbacks. If the starter comes out during a game, you continue to accrue points from his backup, and if he leaves the game, from his backup etc.

This seems superior to me than using the traditional quarterback method. What do you think?
TomBrooklyn Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Quaterback or Team Quarterback: Which You Prefer?

Postby dream_017 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:13 pm

TomBrooklyn wrote:ESPN offers the option of using a(n) Quarterback(s) or a Team Quarterback(s). With the Team Quarterback option, you don't pick individual Quarterbacks--you pick a team and get all their Quarterbacks. If the starter comes out during a game, you continue to accrue points from his backup, and if he leaves the game, from his backup etc.

This seems superior to me than using the traditional quarterback method. What do you think?

I've never played in a league with team QB, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. It is nice, but then again I like having specific players and the risk of injury.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:24 am

dream_017 wrote:
TomBrooklyn wrote:ESPN offers the option of using a(n) Quarterback(s) or a Team Quarterback(s). With the Team Quarterback option, you don't pick individual Quarterbacks--you pick a team and get all their Quarterbacks. If the starter comes out during a game, you continue to accrue points from his backup, and if he leaves the game, from his backup etc.

I've never played in a league with team QB, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. It is nice, but then again I like having specific players and the risk of injury.

Same here. I never played with team QB, but I would be willing to try it. But I also prefer the old school way for the reason dream mentioned, and also I like to try to take chances on backups/rookies in deep leagues and/or dynasty leagues. Team QB would definitely make an injury to your QB hurt a LOT less. I kinda like it the other way though. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby tantrix1969 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 am

never played with a team qb spot and it seems it would take some of the fun away of picking up the unknown to all but you(or so you feel at the time :D )backup qb right before he gets the call to start
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 103)

Postby spodog » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:25 am

No interest in this at all.

A big part of the enjoyment is following the fortunes of INDIVIDUALS. Stuff like the guy who drafted Leinart playing the guy who drafted Warner H2H in Week 3 don't happen when you do the team QB thing. Removes a lot of the fun and strategy from the game IMO
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pappymojo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:29 pm

why not have team starting rb, and team back up rb, etc.?
'nuff said
pappymojo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattpullman » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:44 am

yeah and next they'll go to whole team defense!!!

..oh wait.
QB Orton/Flacco
WR Calvin
WR Nicks
WR Crabtree/Dez/MW
RB Rice
RB Charles
TE Finley/Zach Miller/Hernandez
W/R McCoy
W/R Blount/BJGE
mattpullman
Defensive Assistant