GC: Steelers @ Vikings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Steelers @ Vikings

Moderator: Football Moderators

GC: Steelers @ Vikings

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Not many, if any, organizations that I have more respect and admiration for then the Steelers, so I am looking forward to them coming to town. Frerotte getting the start at QB for the Vikes. Looking forward to getting a look at Mendenhall and the rest of the Steelers. ;-D
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: GC: Steelers @ Vikings

Postby treat24 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:14 pm

as am i :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mariners100 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Looking forward to seeing AP and Sydney Rice personally...
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:49 pm

Mendenhall looked like a beast, running over defenders and gaining 79 yards on 15 carries, including runs of 21,18, and 16 yards. ;-D

On the downside, he lost two fumbles. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Oline still concerns me. It crumbled like a cookie a few times. Perhaps the Vikes pass rush is just going to be that powerful.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby treat24 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:38 am

Azrael wrote:Oline still concerns me. It crumbled like a cookie a few times. Perhaps the Vikes pass rush is just going to be that powerful.

Whether or not the stats have shown it, the pass rush has looked like that all 3 preseason games. Including against Seattle with only 2 of our 4 starters in. Hass just kept getting the ball away well.

Finally I was happy with the look of the run D when our starters were in. Even those trick plays with Ben lined up as a wide receiver or in motion and direct snaps to Willie yielded nothing. After being gashed in the first 2 games, it was nice to see them looking decent.

One of those Mendenhall funbles was completely Kevin Williams... Mende made a nice cut, Kevin just popped it out from behind... Can't really kill Mende for that one, although he should protect it better.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:05 pm

treat24 wrote:
Azrael wrote:Oline still concerns me. It crumbled like a cookie a few times. Perhaps the Vikes pass rush is just going to be that powerful.

Whether or not the stats have shown it, the pass rush has looked like that all 3 preseason games. Including against Seattle with only 2 of our 4 starters in. Hass just kept getting the ball away well.

Finally I was happy with the look of the run D when our starters were in. Even those trick plays with Ben lined up as a wide receiver or in motion and direct snaps to Willie yielded nothing. After being gashed in the first 2 games, it was nice to see them looking decent.

One of those Mendenhall funbles was completely Kevin Williams... Mende made a nice cut, Kevin just popped it out from behind... Can't really kill Mende for that one, although he should protect it better.

I have also noticed the difference in getting into the backfield but I have been severely unimpressed with the run D. Hopefully it is just trying some things out because they are confident with what they have but I just haven't seen anything close to the dominance of last year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting