Chad Henne... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Henne...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chad Henne...

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:25 pm

...possible starter at some point this season???

DOLPHINS
Henne looks like future starter
Even if quarterback Chad Pennington beats out Chad Henne for the No. 1 spot, it looks like Henne will get a chance sometime this season.
Posted on Wed, Aug. 20, 2008reprint print email
Facebook Digg del.icio.us AIM
By JEFF DARLINGTON
jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

You can ask about the present, and Dolphins coach Tony Sparano will tell you rookie quarterback Chad Henne continues to challenge veteran Chad Pennington for the starting job. It is a matter of debate whether you choose to believe him.

Bring up the future, though, and suddenly the idea of a competition no longer seems to exist. It is barely debatable. These days, it isn't a matter of whether Henne will become Miami's starter. It is only a matter of when.

''This guy has really shown me great poise, he really has,'' Sparano said about Henne on Tuesday. "Seeing those signs for the future is tremendous, it really is. It makes me feel comfortable.''

con't...

rest of article: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/footb ... 49004.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chad Henne...

Postby DemonDeacon » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:21 pm

watching him at MIchigan there were 2 things he definantly had that could blossom him into a good NFL QB. An absolute cannon of an arm and great pocket presence. Hes got the physical tools but its hard to judge a QB intill he actually plays. I really hope he does good. Im just sorry that his number 1 WR is a buckeye... ;-D
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm

DemonDeacon wrote: Im just sorry that his number 1 WR is a buckeye... ;-D

Lol, good one! But hey - at least he's got good buddy Jake up front protecting him - Go Blue!!! ;-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Is he a better dynasty option than JT O'Sullivan?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:28 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Is he a better dynasty option than JT O'Sullivan?

I def think so, that's why I grabbed him (not because I'm a Wolverines fan, lol!). JT had the advantage of playing for Martz and knew the system and therefore had a leg up on the other QB's, so no real surprise he won the starting job there - long term I don't know that he'll be anything special, whereas I think Henne has a lot more upside.
stomperrob

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:04 pm

stomperrob wrote:

I def think so, that's why I grabbed him (not because I'm a Wolverines fan, lol!). JT had the advantage of playing for Martz and knew the system and therefore had a leg up on the other QB's, so no real surprise he won the starting job there - long term I don't know that he'll be anything special, whereas I think Henne has a lot more upside.

Haha. That wasn't meant as a knock on the Cafe draft going on. I have Henne in another dynasty and was thinking of swapping for JT. JT's upside is Kitna, and downside is drop him week 4 for another QB. What is Henne's upside/downside? Upside Schaub, downside Harrington?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:15 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Haha. That wasn't meant as a knock on the Cafe draft going on. I have Henne in another dynasty and was thinking of swapping for JT. JT's upside is Kitna, and downside is drop him week 4 for another QB. What is Henne's upside/downside? Upside Schaub, downside Harrington?

Lol, yeh I know. At the start of mini-camp, some felt JT was #3 in a trio of mediocre QB's at SF - as a starter he obviously has more immediate value than Henne, but long term I would much rather have Henne. Henne has a strong arm and good leadership skills and the only knock on him is that some question his accuracy. I think Henne will grow into the role no prob. Schaub has a lotta upside too and will be a solid starter if able to stay healthy. Harrington would be better served to stick to the piano and give up QB'ing! Kitna is getting old, takes too many sacks, throws too many Int's, but his numbers may improve a little under the new system (I can't wait to trade/dump him in our league!).
stomperrob

Postby DemonDeacon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:20 pm

stomperrob wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Lol, yeh I know. At the start of mini-camp, some felt JT was #3 in a trio of mediocre QB's at SF - as a starter he obviously has more immediate value than Henne, but long term I would much rather have Henne. Henne has a strong arm and good leadership skills and the only knock on him is that some question his accuracy. I think Henne will grow into the role no prob. Schaub has a lotta upside too and will be a solid starter if able to stay healthy. Harrington would be better served to stick to the piano and give up QB'ing! Kitna is getting old, takes too many sacks, throws too many Int's, but his numbers may improve a little under the new system (I can't wait to trade/dump him in our league!).

i really hope that the big Tuna doesnt interject with the Offense. If he does then i dont expect to see great numbers out of Henne. I dont know a whole lot about the new Dolphins coach (Fasino!?!) but if he lets Henne use that cannon of an arm hes got then i think he has the potential for a very bright future. Especially with Jake Long protecting him. Alumni stick together... oh have i mentioned how horrible Ted Ginn Jr is yet!?!?! ;-D
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Return to Football Talk