Fantasy value outlook for DeShean Jackson, Chris Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy value outlook for DeShean Jackson, Chris Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy value outlook for DeShean Jackson, Chris Johnson?

Postby electramax » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Anyone have any feedback on how these guys might do in their respective rookie seasons?

DeShean Jackson (WR, Eagles) looks like a weapon already.

Chris Johnson (RB, Titans) looks like he has a lot of pop and could take a lot of carries away from Lendale White. He's leaner, faster and already shows good vision.

Thoughts?
Need Fantasy advice? Follow me via Twitter: http://twitter.com/redgoldbleeder
electramax
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafecaster
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy value outlook for DeShean Jackson, Chris Johnson?

Postby DemonDeacon » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:21 pm

I havent seen a lot of Chris Johnson this year so it would be unfair for me to comment on him. However ive been REALLY high on DeSean since being drafted by the Eagles. I think of him as a very Donte Stallworth like receiver and i think he'll be awesome fit with McNabb. On top of that DeSean has had a simply awesome preseason and i definantly look on taking a late RD flier on him with Curtis out i might even have to take him sooner than expected (and will do so happily) i havent been this high on a rookie receiver since... ever ;-D
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm not HIGH on Jackson just because of the Reid curse with drafted receivers. That being said, it could be bomb city with mcnabb's arm and ability to buy time with jackson's speed. Looking forward to it. The guy may just have to step up, and could see the shift from curtis/brown to LJ and Jackson, because how much more can westbrook do?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gtabaplayr » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:52 pm

How much is Chris Johnson going to be used in the return game? My league rewards for ret. yds @ 20 yds/pt so if he is going to be the primary return man and get 8-12 touches out of the offense per game, he could be quite valuable. MJD part deux?
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:53 pm

In a PPR league I expect big things from Chris Johnson. He will get a lot passes and has the ability to break anything open. Think Reggie Bush, but faster.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:27 pm

I will be picking up Jackson as a late round 4th or 5th receiver but Johnson I probably won't draft unless I own White.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:03 pm

Desean Jackson is still a rookie WR, so in redrafts I have my expectations tempered, I just traded him and Rivers for Cutler in one league yesterday, while I think he is going to be worth starting some weeks I expect him to hit a rookie wall and go through a dry spell...Nevermind the fact that he still looks small out there, and one big hit could have him standing on the sidelines for a few weeks...If I did keep him during the season, I would trade him after he had a huge week, I just don't usually trust rookie WR's week to week in redrafts.

Chris Johnson is going to get a nice workload, and with the way VY has been struggling, I expect plenty of dumpoff passes, with some huge gains, I have him in a PPR league and I will be starting him quite a few times this year...I would bench him to see how he's used for awhile, but if he can consistently get 13 carries, a handful of passes, I think he will turn that into a few big plays and I don't want to miss out with him sitting on my bench.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby electramax » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:31 pm

Azrael wrote:I will be picking up Jackson as a late round 4th or 5th receiver but Johnson I probably won't draft unless I own White.

I have a feeling Johnson (assuming healthy) will take over as Ten's #1 back before the season is out.
Need Fantasy advice? Follow me via Twitter: http://twitter.com/redgoldbleeder
electramax
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafecaster

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:17 pm

electramax wrote:
Azrael wrote:I will be picking up Jackson as a late round 4th or 5th receiver but Johnson I probably won't draft unless I own White.

I have a feeling Johnson (assuming healthy) will take over as Ten's #1 back before the season is out.

There's no way this happens. They would be fools. Johnson is 200lbs soaking wet and will not stand up to the pounding of an NFL schedule. Tennessee will use him like an MJD/Bush type player. Nominal rushing touches for change of pace with alot of dump passes/gadgetry to utilize him in a mismatch.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby beadybea » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:38 pm

I drafted both of these guys in my dynasty league. I would say that I'm far more excited about Chris Johnson than I am about Matt Forte, who I took 5th overall.
beadybea Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk