Fantasy value outlook for DeShean Jackson, Chris Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy value outlook for DeShean Jackson, Chris Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy value outlook for DeShean Jackson, Chris Johnson?

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:06 am

dabears34 wrote:im a bears fan but how can you be more excited over johnson than forte? Forte is a complete back. He can do it all

Many reasons. Forte is not an NFL back IMO. He is a tweener. He is not a true running back, but not a true full back either. He lacks the burst through holes that you want from a back. His vision is good, but still not as good as Chris Johnson. I think he can be an average back in the NFL. A guy that you know will come to work day in and day out and get the tough yards you need, but nothing spectacular.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:08 am

Heres's some outlook from Jeff Fisher on how he wants to use CJ and Lendale

Titans coach Jeff Fisher anticipates a near even split in touches between starter LenDale White and first-round pick Chris Johnson.
"I would assume it would be close to 50-50, maybe 60-40," he said. "We’re going to use them both depending on the game plans and it makes sense to take advantage of both of their abilities. I think we’ll have a better gauge once we get to the middle part of the season." The Titans could begin the year using White more, but eventually make it an even timeshare with Johnson.
Source: Nashville Tennessean

per roto...Thats great news for CJ, a 50/50 split means he will get around 12-15 carries with alot more receptions, and that should equal a few big plays a game, I'll see how true this is week 1 but if it is I will be starting him more then a few times this year.
Last edited by LS2throwed on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:10 am

LS2throwed wrote:Heres's some outlook from Jeff Fisher on how he wants to use CJ and Lendale

[img]Titans coach Jeff Fisher anticipates a near even split in touches between starter LenDale White and first-round pick Chris Johnson.
"I would assume it would be close to 50-50, maybe 60-40," he said. "We’re going to use them both depending on the game plans and it makes sense to take advantage of both of their abilities. I think we’ll have a better gauge once we get to the middle part of the season." The Titans could begin the year using White more, but eventually make it an even timeshare with Johnson.
Source: Nashville Tennessean[/img]

per roto...Thats great news for CJ, a 50/50 split means he will get around 12-15 carries with alot more receptions, and that should equal a few big plays a game, I'll see how true this is week 1 but if it is I will be starting him more then a few times this year.

Great news for us that grabbed him this season. I have 9 leagues and I think I own him in 7 of them :-°
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk