I pick 3rd in a TD heavy league that gives 6pts for a rush/rec TD, 4pts for a pass TD, and your players don't score for yardage until they eclipse 100 rush/rec or 300 passing. Defenses get nothing unless they actually score on defense or special teams. No points for INTs, sacks, FRs, etc.
I learned I draft 3rd in this league.
The line up goes QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, Def
1. My inclination is to take Barber 3rd (assuming LT and AP go off the board 1st) as TD punching backs are a priority and only LT has scored more times the last 2 years. The other thought is to take Moss.
2. Top TEs are practically worthless because typically it's the yardage that separates the good ones from the not so good.
3. Defenses aren't even worth worrying about until the end.
4. QBs I usually leave alone because of not getting a bonus until 300yds and with only 4pt pass TDs, but was contemplating taking Brees early because I think he'll have a monster year.
5. This league has a stupid rule that you HAVE to draft 2 defenses...otherwise I wouldn't even bother. Your defense probably puts points up 1/3 of the time.
I believe L. White will be a huge pickup around the 6/7 turn. Because VY sucks so bad at passing I can see him punching in double digit TDs this year and that his monster value at that point.
Chicago is actually the best defense in this league because of Devin Hester's scoring ability.
Getting a healthy Gates is paramount because he outscores everyone at that position.
Something like Barber/AJ/Brees/Gates/Calvin/L.White/J. Stewart might work. Or if I opt to pass on Brees I am really uncertain where to go with the 3rd pick. In a TD heavy league are any of the backs really that much better than the others? Maybe Jamal Lewis here? I also don't see much more value at WR in the 3rd than I do at the end of the 4th.