Rookie Watch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rookie Watch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookie Watch

Postby TGM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:11 am

Don't know if this is the correct forum for this or not, but I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread on which rookies are hot (and maybe even who's not) at this point in the pre-season.

I know Steve Slaton and Chris Johnson have been getting a lot of hype, as has Jonathan Stewart (who had a big game last night against the Skins). But, I'm looking for updates on all the rookies that might have a fantasy impact. And, on both sides of the ball.
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rookie Watch

Postby TGM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:30 pm

34 views, and no input? Really?

I thought this would be a good place to get a consensus on the best/top rookies for drafting purposes.

Oh well...
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:01 pm

We already have a number of threads talking about the various rookies ;-D

DeShaun Jackson

Chris Johnson

Chad Henne

Steve Slaton

Kevin Smith

These are just the guys on the 1st page here in leftovers, there are also threads in player updates and the 2008 Predictions forums
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby TGM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Thanks dream. But, that's really kinda why I started this thread. In other words...I wanted to create a single thread, or location, where anyone could get the latest info for all the rooks (worth of drafting in FF leagues, that is).

At any rate...thanks for the list you provided, along with their respective links. That's great! ;-D
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jnormy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:08 am

Hightower, Hightower, and Hightower. I'm really high on this guy. He's strong, quick to the hole, and runs with a purpose. With Edge on the decline, he's also in a good situation. He's especially great for a keeper/dynasty, but I think he'll provide good value this year as well, as a goal-line vulture and -- later in the year after Edge averages about 2.9 YPC and 'Zona realizes they need to see what this kid can really do -- as part of a RBBC.

Oh, and did I mention I really like this kid Hightower? ;-D
jnormy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LeBron James » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:25 pm

jnormy wrote:Hightower, Hightower, and Hightower. I'm really high on this guy. He's strong, quick to the hole, and runs with a purpose. With Edge on the decline, he's also in a good situation. He's especially great for a keeper/dynasty, but I think he'll provide good value this year as well, as a goal-line vulture and -- later in the year after Edge averages about 2.9 YPC and 'Zona realizes they need to see what this kid can really do -- as part of a RBBC.

Oh, and did I mention I really like this kid Hightower? ;-D

I agree, he's looked real good in pre-season so far, getting all the goal line TDs. I think he's even had a TD in each game so far. Yeah, Edge is getting too old. At the very least he will get 10 carries a game hopefully, and a few TDs.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:34 pm

He was also pretty badass in the police academy movies :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby TGM » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:39 pm

treat24 wrote:He was also pretty badass in the police academy movies :-b

LOL...true I tell you!

In all seriousness...Josh Morgan (49ers) is getting a lot of hype, and seems to have the inside track on the #2 WR spot in SF. Now, all they need is someone capable of getting him the ball (O'Sullivan maybe?).
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk