Single game tickets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Single game tickets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Single game tickets

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm

dream_017 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Forgive me for living in New England where every game sells out....do they blackout games that don't sell out? :-? Weak...

Yes, it is an NFL rule that if a game is not sold out by 72 hours prior to gametime then it is blacked-out locally. It is a black-out for a 75 mile radius.

I thought every Lion game was a black out, at least thats they way they play them!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Single game tickets

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Forgive me for living in New England where every game sells out....do they blackout games that don't sell out? :-? Weak...

Yes, it is an NFL rule that if a game is not sold out by 72 hours prior to gametime then it is blacked-out locally. It is a black-out for a 75 mile radius.

Wait a second! You made yourself perfectly clear, Dream. But, are you serious? If I lived in D town, and the game didn't sell out, I couldn't watch it on TV? I never knew that, what kind of country do we live in. Yeah, they want people at the game, but come on. :-P

This is an ancient rule honored by the dinosaur owners. The thought is that people would rather stay home and watch since the team or economy is bad enough to keep sell-outs from happening. The dinosaurs in the league still hold this to be true, having learned nothing of how the Chicago Blackhawks blacked-out home games for so many years that generations of fans were lost. Amazing to think that a billion dollar cash machine can be so poorly run.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions