Chris Taylor - Hou - Ahead of Slaton? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Taylor - Hou - Ahead of Slaton?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Taylor - Hou - Ahead of Slaton?

Postby gmoney973 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 am

Ive read that Taylor is #1 back in Houston now with Green & Brown injured and that he is ahead of Slaton...

Is there any truth to this? Is Taylor worth drafting in late round 12 team leagues?

(RotoWire) With news that Ahman Green (groin) and Chris Brown (back) will be unavailable for Thursday's preseason finale, Taylor should continue to get a lot of reps in the Texans' backfield.
Analysis: Taylor has emerged as the starting back with Steve Slaton being the No. 2 as the Texans deal with injuries to the top two backs. Green says he'll definitely be ready for the season opener against the Steelers, but clearly there is some uncertainty here.
gmoney973
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Taylor - Hou - Ahead of Slaton?

Postby mikus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:56 pm

I have heard the same thing. I do not see the coaching staff going into the season with Slaton as the No. 1 guy, but he will see a lot of action. He has performed well this preseason and deserves to touch the ball. But Taylor has the experience at the position the Texans are looking for right now, so I think he gets the first shot.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Last I heard Taylor was going to be the starting fullback, but with the injuries that may be different now. Slaton is still going to get a lot of carries more than likely though, since he rocketed up the depth chart. Green may not even make the team, and how often is Chris Brown healthy?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Still think it's not worth drafting any Houston RB. Just pick one of them up off the waiver wire around week 4 when you are cutting your dead weight and hope for the best. The situation should be much clearer by then. Whoever is getting touches behind Green/Brown is probably the guy to have. Chris Taylor/Darius Walker/Steve Slaton all seem to have some decent potential, but there is really no way of knowing which guy they will give the first chance.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby kyguy78 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:24 pm

Last I heard, was that Taylor was running as the #1 and Houston liked some of the things he could do. ESPN was reporting a few days ago that Green could end up being cut if he doesn't get in any work this pre-season so I think the Texans open the season with Taylor getting the majority of the work and Slaton being used on third downs and getting maybe ten touches a game

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:04 pm

I thought Chris Taylor would be the guy who ended up coming out of this with the lead with Green gone. He has the better build right now to play that role. Slaton seems like the guy they would use like a Bush. I expect that either Walker or Green will get cut. If Green were healthy I think Walker would be a no brainer cut because they really hardly used the guy to "get a look" at him.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk