STATS - Number of times thrown to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

STATS - Number of times thrown to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Chopper » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:25 am

Great resource! Thanks.
Wish I'd seen it weeks ago. But, the data is much more meaningful now, anyway. Lots of good numbers there. Interesting, though I suppose all Driver owners already realized, Favre and the Pack's passing numbers are very respectable, but no GB players among league's top 41 targets. RB's and a TE's, but no Packers.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:37 pm

I'd say take those stats with a grain of salt. I heard Mort throw out that same statistic, but that also includes balls that Garcia threw away in the vicinity of TO. I'm no TO apologist but it is a little misleading.

To me what would be more telling is a week by week thrown to chart. I'm sure S. Moss has greatly increased from the first few weeks of the season. It's a great indicator to find those diamonds in the rough.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SinCity » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:03 pm

Very sweet, thanks for taking the time to post those links guys. ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bukoski77 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:00 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:TO has dropped a lot of the passes thrown to him. ESPN, CBS, and FOX keep saying the hit Aeneas Williams gave TO earlier in the year is making him scared to catch the ball in the middle of the field. I really don't think this has much merit, but psychology is a weird thing. I sure hope Rat-a-tat-tay can keep it going two weeks from now! The way he played last week gives me some hope that the Niners can actually still make the playoffs...

Garcia will still be the starter after the bye. From sportsline's fantasy page.

"Jeff Garcia, QB SF

News: The San Jose Mercury News reports that Garcia (high ankle sprain) will keep his starting job when he returns, despite the solid play of backup Tim Rattay. The 49ers have a bye this week, and will return in Week 11 against Pittsburgh.

Analysis: Garcia remains a reliable Fantasy player when healthy, but owners should pick up Rattay for insurance."
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk