IDP: pass defensed are greater value than tackles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

IDP: pass defensed are greater value than tackles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: IDP: pass defensed are greater value than tackles

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:40 am

Secular E wrote:So basically you're saying that you disagree because you refuse to think about it!

I have met every part of my burden of articulatiion... I don't think it's my burden to think for you and everyone else.

When drafting, one must consider the odds of a rule change to reflect impact just as they consider the odds of Tom Brady getting a season ending injury. As the owner of a team, you must adjust your strategies constantly...

If you just think about it, the rule change makes perfect sense to properly reflect the impact of NFL players. And that that's all that matters!

No, what matters is that you are playing a game with an established set of rules, and you want to change it.

Answer this, are touchdowns really worth more then 150 yards passing? Is an end-of-half hail mary interception worth more then a goal line tackle? Is a two yard run late in a tie game on 4th and 1 worth less then an 8 yard 1st down run late in a blowout?

Obviously those answers are all subjective. The only way we can fairly play this GAME is to set up a firm rule book before the season and let everyone know what those rules are going in.

You make a comment that is either ridiculous, idiotic or outright trolling. The idea that people must consider potential rules changes when drafting is a complete joke. How can you ever anticipate a rule change? I can anticipate an injury to Tom Brady by drafting a quality backup QB. How can I possibly anticipate a rule change, and how it would affect my team?

As it is, despite your assertion, fantasy football is NOT meant to give us a chance to experience the "real" NFL. Its a way to increase our enjoyment of what we do get. Your rule change would take that enjoyment away for anyone who didnt agree with it.

Also, the NFL did not change the push-out rule mid season, which is essentially what you are asking.

Obviously you don't really care what the rest of us (or your league) thinks, so why did you bother posting this?
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: IDP: pass defensed are greater value than tackles

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:01 am

LS2throwed wrote:I agree, at this point changing the rules is something to be done for next season, I am in no way in favor of changing rules after a draft even if very minor, you have to check the small details of the rules before hand and bring it up before the draft...I agree that the rules seem off, but if nobody brought it to the commish' attention before hand then they would have to stick for this year...It would cause a bigger problem to lots of managers if they changed.

I agree 100% with these guys. ;-D

You draft a certain way....depending on the scoring system that's in place at the time. That's why you shouldn't change things after the draft. ;-D

Noone would ever ask for a scoring system change midseason in any of my leagues. If anyone had an issue they'd say: "I'd like to discuss a scoring system change for next year". :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner