Hank Baskett: Thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hank Baskett: Thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hank Baskett: Thoughts?

Postby Shock6822 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:25 pm

I dropped Gaffney for Baskett after this tidbit...

With Kevin Curtis (sports hernia surgery) sidelined, the Eagles see Hank Baskett as their best option at split end.
OC Marty Mornhinweg prefers DeSean Jackson in the slot or at flanker, where he'll back up Reggie Brown. "Hank's a big, physical guy," Mornhinweg said. "His main spot is that split end." In three receiver sets, the Birds' Week 1 lineup will likely have Baskett and Brown out wide with Jackson inside. This makes Baskett worth grabbing in re-draft leagues. The Eagles will throw a lot and Baskett is a red-zone threat. He's Philly's biggest wide receiver. Aug. 25 - 7:22 pm et

I haven't watched the guy play, but I'm assuming he has upside, especially in the Philly offense with Curtis out. Thoughts on his value now, and him in general?
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hank Baskett: Thoughts?

Postby hermitkendle » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:03 pm

I picked up baskett also today but he is my 7th wr on my team. he may become good option but he was just a feeler for me atm...
hermitkendle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bmonkey » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:21 pm

is baskett or deseasn jackson the better option to own? return yds are bonus
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:40 pm

I wouldn't have dropped Jabar for Baskett. Curtis will eventually come back and there was a reason why he was starting over Baskett. Baskett will only be good for half the season then go back to the bench. Jabar is in a better situation than last year because of Stallworth being gone.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby spodog » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Unless you have 20 position rosters, I'd leave Baskett in the trash, eh. . . can.

He will not be worth starting in any game, so just wastes a spot on your roster.

A 7th WR. You're kidding aren't you? 8-o
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:50 pm

well curtis might not be back until week 10 per Eskin (who knows). So the Eagles have to think about using that spot for someone productive in 9 games. So, he might not be coming back. As far as Baskett goes, he is an underutilized guy with the Eagles, and apparently Donovan is throwing a fade route to him.

That being said, I wouldn't roster him unless you have a long bench. How can you play him? It would take him too long to prove his worth, meanwhile taking up roster space.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DemonDeacon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:13 pm

im staying away from Baskett. If im getting an Eagle WR its DeSean Jackson. Brown and Baskett can both lick my nutz. Browns had how long to prove hes the guy? I dont know a lot about Baskett but Jackson from what ive seen preseason has amazing speed and i can see him being McNabbs favorite deep ball target. he also returns
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Return to Football Talk